Branch IT security
- DISTRIBUTED FIREWALLS AND IDS INTEROPERABILITY CHECKING BASED ON A FORMAL APPROACH. Karoui, Kamel; Ben Ftima, Fakher; Ben Ghezala, Henda // International Journal of Computer Networks & Communications;Sep2013, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p95
To supervise and guarantee a network security, the administrator uses different security components, such as firewalls, IDS and IPS. For a perfect interoperability between these components, they must be configured properly to avoid misconfiguration between them. Nevertheless, the existence of a...
- ActiveScout nips attacks in the bud. Chu, Francis // eWeek;4/1/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p46
ForeScout Technologies Inc.'s ActiveScout 2.1 IDS provides an extra layer of protection from attackers and certain viruses that will be appreciated at security-conscious sites. ActiveScout can help stop distributed-denial-of-service attacks from propagating by returning spoofed data to prevent...
- CROSSBEAM SYSTEMS HELPS BT STRENGTHEN VIRTUAL SECURITY. // Computer Security Update;Jul2008, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p4
The article offers information on Crossbeam Systems Inc., a leading provider of security platforms for high performance networks located in Boxborough, Massachusetts. Crossbeam Systems Inc. has announced that BT has deployed Crossbeam's X-Series Next Generation Security Platform to protect its...
- ADRISYA: A FLOW BASED ANOMALY DETECTION SYSTEM FOR SLOW AND FAST SCAN. Muraleedharan, N.; Parmar, Arun // International Journal of Network Security & Its Applications;Oct2010, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p234
Attackers perform port scan to find reachability, liveness and running services in a system or network. Current day scanning tools provide different scanning options and capable of evading various security tools like firewall, IDS and IPS. So in order to detect and prevent attacks in the early...
- Brainstorm reverses the proxy solution. // Communications News;Jul2001, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p30
Discusses how the proxy server works when all pertinent information about customers, distributors and partners are all inside the firewall. How the data flow takes place; Architecture of the proxy server that provides levels of security.
- Reduce firewall complexity. Muller, Nathan // Communications News;Jan2003, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p6
Suggests firewall for network security for businesses. Complexity of firewall operation; Benefits of carrier-managed firewall solution; Details on how a managed service works.
- Firewall `racks up' security. Surkan, Michael // PC Week;1/13/97, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p45
Evaluates the PIX Firewall 3.0 from Cisco Systems Inc. Usability; Capability; Performance; Interoperability; Manageability; Pros and cons; Price information; Contact point.
- Build a firewall to protect your network. Mie-Yun Lee // Business Journal (Central New York);3/1/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p16
Provides information on the importance of building a firewall to protect computer networks from hackers. Function of a firewall; Tips on installing a firewall; Risk of having a firewall installed.
- HOW O2 SECURED. KARPINSKI, RICH // Connected Planet;Mar2010, p24
The article discusses ways O2, the exclusive distributor of Apple's iPhone in Great Britain handled the security challenges presented by internet protocol (IP)-intensive phone. Various security challenges that O2 faces include hacker tomfoolery, virus and Trojan threats. To help enable and...