Bosses resentful of New 'Working Time' law
- Overtime rule changes long overdue. Mouber, David // LP/Gas;Dec2003, Vol. 63 Issue 12, p15
Focuses on issues related to the Department of Labor in the U.S. Proposal for revisions to the Fair Labor Standards Act; Goals for the proposed changes in the labor compensation practice; Significance of the proposition to the labor sector.
- Will the EC let it lie? Czerny, Anna // People Management;4/8/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p12
Focuses on a survey conducted by Chartered Institute for Personnel and Development which suggests the need for the European working time directive to be improved. Disadvantages of long-hours culture; Effect on employees; Implication for the British opt-out clause. INSET: KEY FINDINGS FROM THE...
- New regs covering the use of agency workers are nothing to be scared of. Novick, Dani // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);1/21/2011, p16
The article discusses the implications of new regulations on temporary workers for employers in Great Britain in 2011. Employers are recommended to review the regulations, which allow temporary workers to qualify for equal treatment to permanent workers, as it may arise to legal liability. The...
- It's the Law Essential information on employment law. Exten-Wright, Jonathan // Credit Management;Dec2002, p38
Discusses changes in the employment law in Great Britain. Sex discrimination; Working time regulations; Parental leave.
- Legal Protection of Labor in Contemporary India. Ornati, Oscar // Labor Law Journal;Mar55, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p182
The article focuses on the legal protection of labor in India. An average adult worker in a factory or a mine in India today cannot work longer than eight hours a day without additional remuneration at overtime rates. The law secures him a compulsory weekly holiday and rest periods during...
- discussions onlineâ€¦. // Personnel Today;1/16/2007, p13
The article presents questions and answers related to labor law published on the website "www.personneltoday.com." A reader asks whether it is good to have a business redesign policy. A person seeks advise on the standard number of working days in a year. Another reader asks whether employer is...
- Zero tolerance. Charlton, John // Employers Law;Nov2013, p12
The article offers information on "zero hours contracts" in Great Britain. It is said that the uproar over zero hours contracts came to a head after the publication of figures showing a growing minority of people had zero hours contracts arrangements with employers. It was estimated that 250,000...
- White-Collar Exemptions. // Congressional Digest;Mar2004, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p71
Reports on the General Accounting Office (GAO) analysis of the white-collar exemptions. Requirement of exempted employee in working as many hours as required for completion of tasks; Establishment of specific regulatory tests by the Department of Labor (DOL); Issues of particular concern to...
- The Mailbag. Lessack, Susan K. // HR Specialist: Pennsylvania Employment Law;Dec2012, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p8
The article presents questions and answers related to employment law including the employment of people with disability, the modification of the work hours of employees, and the legality of requiring employees to speak only English at work.