- Penetrating the Scandinavian market. Nylund, Andrea L. // World Trade;Jun97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p86
Focuses on the cost of doing business in Scandinavia. Impact of the homogenous culture in Scandinavian market; How Norway is attractive to American companies; How to enter the Scandinavian market if investor is not a native.
- Food Retailing in the Nordics. Bell, Dick // European Retail Digest;Dec99, Issue 24, p19
Part II. Provides information on a study which examined the extent of retail influence in each of the regions of Europe. Characteristics of retail revolution; Extent of retail influences in the Nordic countries; Key groups of retailers in the Nordic countries; Scope for market entrants.
- IFRA, Scandinavian group merge. // Seybold Report on Publishing Systems;2/21/96, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p36
Reports on IFRA's merger with Nordisk Avis teknisk Samarbetsnamnd.
- Implications for monopolies of the European integration. Osterberg, Esa // Contemporary Drug Problems;Summer93, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p203
Present the argument that the integration of the Scandinavian countries into the European community is a threat to the alcohol monopoly system in the region. Summary of the alcohol monopoly system in the region; Discussion of the parallel developments between the Nordic and the North American...
- EU entry has opened new doors. Mottershaw, Elizabeth // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/11/1996, Vol. 40 Issue 41, p10
Focuses on the expansion of Scandinavian trade with the Middle East because of the Nordic countries' membership in the European Union (EU). Top ten export markets in the Middle East for Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden; Middle East ventures of Scandinavian companies; Denmark's development of...
- The Swedes Are Coming. Crainer, Stuart // Across the Board;Jun99, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p31
Looks at the emergence of Scandinavia as a region in the world with the best business practice. Companies in the region that are employing excellent business strategy; Business strategists and economists from the region that are gaining international reputation.
- Discount Food Retailing in the Nordics. Christensen, Bruno // European Retail Digest;Dec99, Issue 24, p25
Presents the result of a survey on discount food retailing in the Nordic countries from 1998-1999. Competition in the retail industry; List of discount retailers in the countries.
- CRISIS RESOLUTION IN FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS: THE EXPERIENCE FROM RECENT CRISES. WIHLBORG, CLAS; OSTRUP, FINN; OXELHEIM, LARS // International Journal of Economic Research;Jun2013, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p157
The article examines procedures for handling crises in financial institutions. The article first sets out considerations which are important in the design of a strategy for handling crises in financial institutions. The article next presents the main arguments concerning the different methods...
- Nordic Rights Bodies Report Revenue Rise. Lofthus, Kai R. // Billboard;8/18/2001, Vol. 113 Issue 33, p45
Discusses the success of rights collection agencies in Scandinavia. Amount of money collected by the agencies; Discussion of the threat posed by digital music distribution on rights bodies in Scandinavia; Factors in the increase in collections, including the performances.