Profits dive 80% at MFI as core sales drop by 8.4%
- Jobs go in MFI recovery plan. // Commercial Motor;3/9/2006, Vol. 203 Issue 5168, p16
The article reports on job losses at furniture chain MFI as part of its restructuring plan. The company made a pre-tax loss of nearly Â£111 million in 2005 compared with a Â£20 million profit in 2004. Depots in Nottingham, Glasgow and Aldershot, England as well as two factories will close.
- MFI needs to rethink its bedroom performance. Barnes, Rachel // Marketing (00253650);4/1/2004, p13
A strategy shift away from price and toward aspirational values has contributed to a double-digit drop in furniture retailer MFI Furniture Group PLC's bedroom sales. Admissions of shortcomings in the bedroom department are rare, but last week MFI Furniture conceded that its 'outdated' bedroom...
- MFI's good turn for charity. // Cabinet Maker;05/08/98, Issue 5087, p33
Reports that MFI Furniture Group has donated 1,000 pounds to the Kent Air Ambulance Trust.
- MFI prepares for life without upholstery after profits jump. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/19/97, Issue 5069, p3
Reports that MFI is preparing for life without upholstery after deciding to concentrate on its `core' kitchen and bedroom ranges. Removal of upholstery from 14 of the company's stores; MFI's switch to regional warehouses; Effect of the switch on five-10 staff; Increase of retailing operating...
- MFI is cleared of false pricing. // Cabinet Maker;09/11/98, Issue 5105, p5
States that MFI has been cleared from the false pricing complaints filed by the Gateshead Trading Standards officials. Allegation on MFI's offering of discounts for multiple purchases; MFI lawyer's answer on the complaints.
- MFI sales up. // Housewares;Jul96, Issue 128, p6
Reports on financial developments of furniture company MFI for the period ending April 27, 1996. Increase in sales; Improvement in pre-tax profits.
- Cool kids. // Cabinet Maker;11/2/2007, Issue 5562, p3
A photograph of MFI Furniture Group PLC's Ice White bedroom furniture line is presented.
- MFI backs The Sleep Council. // Cabinet Maker;08/13/99, Issue 5150, p2
Highlights The Sleep Council's recruitment of the MFI Furniture Group to boost its marketing activity.
- MFI in kitchen sink drama. // Cabinet Maker;06/02/2000, Issue 5190, p2
Announces the fine meted on MFI for refusing to sell a kitchen sink without the plug.