Dong Xoai: Seabees Earn a Special Place in Combat History
- IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME. Houlihan, Bob // All Hands;May2003, Issue 1033, p18
Focuses on the roles and responsibilities of the Mobile Construction Battalion of the U.S. Navy. Importance of flexibility in military contingencies; Construction of bridges and roads; Support force for the U.S. Marines.
- Seattle Council Co-Hosts Seafair Fleet Port Visits. Atkinson, Peter // Sea Power;Dec2005, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p50
The article reports on developments concerning the United States Navy League as of December 2005. It highlights the 55th Annual Seafair in Seattle, Washington. The article also reports on the problems encountered by the Richmond, Virginia Council during its Coast Guard anniversary celebration. A...
- ERRATUM. // Naval Forces;2008, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p159
Several corrections to the articles related to Naval arts and science including "Fire on Demand" published, "Unmanned MCM Systems" and "Heavy Punch" published in the previous issues.
- Hybrid Sailors. Burgess, Richard R. // Sea Power;Dec2005, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p21
The article discusses how the merger of job specialties is transforming the United States Navy's manpower base and opening up a wider array of jobs for many sailors. It discusses the decision of the service to combine ratings for similar job specialties. The merger of the Gunner's Mate and...
- Preserve Your Unit's History and Heritage. Ball, Dan // Naval Aviation News;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 87 Issue 2, p24
Highlights the role of the U.S. Naval Historical Center in preserving U.S. military history. Navy operational records and artifacts in the possession of the center; Historical records stored in the Aviation History and the Ships History branches of the center; Tasks of the Operational Archives...
- Eye on the Fleet. // All Hands;Jun2003, Issue 1034, p44
Presents photographs depicting U.S. Navy personnel in action recent as of June 2003. Fire and rescue drill using fire resistant proximity suits; Security watch at the Naval Air Station in Whidbey Island, Washington; Maintenance of electrical conductors aboard warships.
- Commander, Navy Installations Stands UP. Fors, Eileen Kelly // All Hands;Dec2003, Issue 1040, p8
Reports that RADM Christopher Weaver has addressed the "Top Five" series of priorities established to help the United States Navy focus on issues most critical to sustained success. Alignment set when installation management claimants transferred their administrative installation support...
- Capt Stephen W. Ferguson, Master, USNS Big Horn. // Sea Power;May2005, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p56
Relates the author's experience in the U.S. Navy. Decision to follow his father's footsteps in the Naval Academy; Tour of duty aboard a cruiser, two destroyers and an amphibian; Experience in commanding the USS Big Horn; Average age of the crew of the USS Big Horn.
- Current Operations Provide Lessons For Future Sea Basing Plans. Fein, Geoff // Defense Daily;1/10/2008, Vol. 237 Issue 6, p4
The article deals with the capability of the U.S. Navy and the U.S. Marine Corps to deliver assistance from sea without leaving a footprint ashore. Even if the Navy and the Marines will not begin actual sea base operations until the 2020 time frame, their services have been demonstrating, in...