Nigeria Orders Patrol Craft From U.S. Manufacturer
- Israeli General Staff Cancels Sa'ar 5 Plus Corvette. // Sea Power;Aug2004, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p50
Reports on the decision of the Israeli general staff to cancel the Sa'ar 5 Plus corvette program. Budgeting changes for the Sa'ar 5 Plus program.
- Reforming Philippine Defence. Tedoro, Gilberto C. // Military Technology;2008, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p108
The article focuses on the Philippine Defence Reform (PDR) programme of the Armed Forces of the Philippines, which was developed to combat communist insurgents in Mindanao and other national security threats. Accordingly, there are 10 key areas of military reform under the PDR, which include the...
- Geostrategy-Direct - Iran believes series of attacks on IRGC coordinated by Western intel; Iran pursues refund from Russia for S-300, rules out Venezuela option; Iran set to deploy first destroyer for patrols in Persian Gulf; Iran proceeding with... // Geo-Strategy Direct;11/3/2010, p1
The article presents information on the military policy and other related matters of Iran. It is alleged that Iran believes the western intelligence services are behind the recent attacks on the Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps. Iran is seeking compensation from Russia after it cancelled...
- Norway Lauches First Fridtjof Nansen Frigate. // Sea Power;Aug2004, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p50
Reports on the launch of the Fridtjof Nansen-class frigate for the Royal Norwegian Navy at IZAR Construcciones Navales Ferrol shipyard. Features of the frigate and use of Lockheed Martin's SPY-1F multifunctional radar.
- Shipbuilding Caucus Wants Pentagon To Increase FY '08 Shipbuilding Budget. Fein, Geoff // Defense Daily;6/23/2006, Vol. 230 Issue 59, p5
The article reports on the proposal of members of the Congressional Shipbuilding Caucus to increase the Navy's federal year '08 ship procurement budget. The proposal will enable the service to meet its procurement budget needs of $14.1 billion to rebuild the Nation's fleet. Budgetary cuts have...
- ROYAL NAVY TO OPERATE UNIQUE NEW OPV. // Naval Forces;Apr2002, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p123
Reports that shipbuilder Vosper Thornycroft is progressing with the construction of offshore patrol vessels that will be operated by the British Royal Navy under a unique chartering agreement. Number of patrol vessels being constructed; Terms of agreement; List of the names of the vessels.
- UK's Type 45 Program Steams Ahead. Rivers, B. // Journal of Electronic Defense;May2001, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p24
Reports on contracts and supplier selections announced by the BAE Systems Type 45 Prime Contact Office for the first tranche of Type 45 destroyers for Great Britain's Royal Navy. Companies teaming up with BAE to supply both the Combat Management Systems and the Data Transfer System for the...
- Lawmakers Prepare to Battle Navy Submarine Decision. // Sea Power;Aug2004, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p7
Reports on the proposal of the U.S. Navy budget office to reduce the number of the Navy's submarine fleet. Arguments against a larger fleet; Call of legislators Jim Langevin and Jack Reed for more submarines.
- Silent Partner. Beck, Sunho // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/1/2007, Vol. 167 Issue 13, p50
The article states that Singapore's new Gulfstream G550 Conformal Airborne Early Warning aircraft, together with F-15SG strike fighters, will underpin a new offensive strategy that the country has adopted as it increasingly copies the order of battle of its long-time defense mentor, Israel....