Israeli General Staff Cancels Sa'ar 5 Plus Corvette
- Nigeria Orders Patrol Craft From U.S. Manufacturer. // Sea Power;Aug2004, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p51
Reports that the Nigerian Navy has ordered patrol boars from Safe Boat Inc. Efforts of the Nigerian Navy to revitalize its coastal defense forces and better protect the Niger Delta.
- BEING FLEXIBLE AND MISSION ORIENTED. Nitschke, Stefan // Naval Forces;2006, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p87
The article focuses on the growing market for offshore patrol vessels(OPV) or corvettes triggered by the need for homeland security and counterterrorism in the U.S. The OPV is designed to perform varied operations ranging from offshore protection, surveillance to crackdown on illegal activities....
- The Corvettes and Frigate New Wave. Friedman, Norman; Biass, Eric H. // Armada International;Apr/May2003, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p58
Provides information on frigates and corvettes. List of countries building the naval ships; Features of the ships; Capabilities of the ships.
- Improving the Sting of the Corvette. Hanson, Anatole // Armada International;Apr/May2003, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p68
Focuses on the upgrading of corvettes and frigates. List of countries upgrading their warships; Areas of the ships being upgraded; Features of the ships.
- MORE ON CORVETTES. Legien, Wolfgang // Naval Forces;Jun2002, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p33
Evaluates three corvettes. Spanish Afcon corvette; Russian Project 20380 Corvettes; Croatian Fast Missile Corvette Kralj Petra Kresimir IV Class.
- Stealth And Speed At Sea. // Popular Mechanics;Aug2001, Vol. 178 Issue 8, p24
Describes the six Visby corvettes war ships built by Karlskronavarvet company in Sweden.
- Reforming Philippine Defence. Tedoro, Gilberto C. // Military Technology;2008, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p108
The article focuses on the Philippine Defence Reform (PDR) programme of the Armed Forces of the Philippines, which was developed to combat communist insurgents in Mindanao and other national security threats. Accordingly, there are 10 key areas of military reform under the PDR, which include the...
- Franco-Dutch Upgrades Planned for Polish Corvettes. // Sea Power;Oct2001, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p38
Reports on the contract signed for the modernization of the combat systems of several Orkan-class corvettes of the Polish Navy in 2001. Companies which signed the contract; Characteristics of the combat systems.
- CORVETTE PROGRAMS AROUND THE WORLD. Hanses, Heinz-Dieter // Naval Forces;Apr2002, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p55
Analyzes shipbuilding programs for corvettes and amplifies their importance in naval inventories to meet operational needs. Types of patrol vessels; Assessment of the corvette market; Operational challenges. INSET: MTG SERVES AS RELIABLE AND COMPETANT PARTNER FOR MARITIME....