Marines Order ScanEagle UAVs for Iraq Surveillance
- A Marine's best friend. // Machine Design;4/1/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p24
Features the tactical unmanned ground vehicle (TUGV) Gladiator built by United Defense Industries Inc. for the U.S. Marines. Use of the TUGV; Capabilities of the vehicle.
- France Planning Micro UAV. Brunet, Patrick; Rivers, Brendan P. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Apr2002, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p20
Reports the hopes of the French military-procurement agency to develop the micro unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV). Aim of the agency; Provision of an UAV for soldiers; Assistance sought by the agency from French universities and abroad.
- Small Pipe, Big View. Fulghum, David A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/5/2004, Vol. 160 Issue 1, p56
The idea behind the recent Northrop Grumman Corp.'s demonstration 1 was to show that the system whose heart is a large-capacity, data-storage device carried by an unmanned aircraft could assist U.S. patrols in Iraq and Afghanistan. With little organic detection or sensor capability of their own,...
- DOD to cut unmanned aerial vehicle procurement by one third over next decade. Keller, John // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Dec2008, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on the move to reduce the purchases of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) by the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) by one third over next ten years. The reduction on procurement of UAV is predicted by the Government Electronics Industry Association (GEIA) of the Information...
- DHB subsidiary gets $20M flak jacket order. Corry, Carl // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);07/30/99, Vol. 46 Issue 31, p5A
Reports that Point Black Body Armor, a subsidiary of DHB Capital Group, has received a contract from the United States Marine Corps to product outer tactical vests. Worth of the contract; Components of the vests; Number of units ordered by the service; Importance of the contract to Point...
- Europe exists. // Interavia Business & Technology;May2000, Vol. 55 Issue 642, p4
Editorial. Focuses on the British government's agreement with European defense companies for the modernization of Great Britain's airlifter fleet. Importance of the development to the creation of a common European procurement policy; Market base required by the European industry to compete in...
- STRETCH BEFORE FLYING. Gourley, Scott // Boys' Life;Jan2003, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p12
Provides information on the Dragon Eye, an unmanned air vehicle being developed by the U.S. Marine Corps.
- Defense Watch. // Defense Daily;8/13/2007, Vol. 235 Issue 30, p1
This section offers news briefs concerning the defense industry in the U.S. Northrop Grumman is pursuing several efforts including the Marine Corps' Tier II Small Tactical Unmanned Aerial System (STUAS). Lockheed Martin Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Christopher...
- SEA STORIES. // Marines;Jul-Sep2008, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p7
The article presents several experiences from marines during their operations. These include the shortage of funds observed by a marine while conducting training at Camp Wilson in Twentynine Palms, California, the experience of a marine at a war in Subic Bay and Cubi Point in the Philippines,...