Only the Quick, Nimble Succeed as Small Firms Scramble for Business
- Six Tips For Small Businesses To Navigate Tough Economy. Kane, Andrew O. // Business Journal (Central New York);2/27/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p10
The article offers tips to help any small company to manage the challenges of the current economic condition in the U.S. First, small businesses should determine if their banks are rated positive by the credit rating agencies. Next, they should use new online-banking, cash-management tools to...
- Determinants of Strategic Planning Behavior in Small Business: An Exploratory Investigation... Ogunmokun, Gabriel O.; Shaw, Robin N. // International Journal of Management;Jun99, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p190
Focuses on a study which examined a theoretical explanation as to why the level of planning among small business managers differs from one manager to another. Definition of a small business; Levels of strategic planning; Role of Australian Bureau of Statistics.
- Does your company really have a strategic plan? Wise, Evan // Inside Tucson Business;6/9/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 52, p13
Discusses the importance of strategic planning in small businesses. Developing a current strategic plan; Developing a plan that is simple and short to be memorable; Construction of the plan in understandable terms.
- Organize to grow business. // Charlotte Post;2/21/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 24, p2B
The article focuses on the business planning through efficient organization of workforce and processes as a key factor that would enable small businesses to grow.
- Strategic Planning Vital for Small Businesses. Rhodes, Donald // Georgia Trend;May2008 Supplement, p42
The article discusses the importance of strategic planning on the survival and growth of small businesses in the U.S. With the slowdown facing the economy, strategic planning is considered essential for small businesses because it provides them a plan of action to respond to changes in the...
- Small firms need to plan. // Metalworking Production;Dec2003, Vol. 147 Issue 12, p7
Reports on the need for smaller manufacturing businesses in England's West Midlands region to have proper strategic plans in place. Benefits that companies gain from developing strategic plans; Findings of a survey of companies taking part in Advantage West Midlands' Diversification and...
- Microsoft: a growing threat to business application rivals. // MarketWatch: Technology;June 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p9
Focuses on the interest of Microsoft Corp. in mid-market business applications. Threat of Microsoft to business application rivals; Assertion of massive step-up in terms of its significance on its Business Solutions division; Strategic planning.
- 'Nobody's coming to bail us out'. Golden, John // Westchester County Business Journal;10/13/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 41, p1
The article reports on the effort of small businesses in Westchester County, New York to rethink their strategies in order to survive the economic fallout from Wall Street. It explores the financial performance of stores owned by Fred Satin and the business strategy he employed to remain in the...
- Smaller-Sized Risk Management. Clark, Andrew // Canadian Underwriter;Oct2011, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p38
The article discusses the importance of risk management for large and small/medium enterprises (SMEs). In large companies, risk management involves incorporation into aspects of business planning, strategy, corporate vision and/or mission. Effective risk management is considered by some...