Congress, DoD Balance Industrial Base Support, Acquisition Priorities
- Military look for better buys. Pullin, John // Professional Engineering;05/12/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p16
Reports on efforts by the British Ministry of Defense (MoD) to speed up the completion of its Nimrod MRA4 program, which is meant to provide Great Britain's maritime patrol capabilities from 2001. Delay of the project; Implementation of a new regime within the Defence Procurement Agency; Role...
- A Great Success. Branch Jr, Daniel B. // Sea Power;May2011, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p3
The article presents the message from the U.S. Navy League president regarding the success of their annual Sea-Air-Space Exposition held at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center in Maryland from April 11-13, 2011. He mentions their goal to bring the defense industrial base, military...
- READY, AYE READY! THE NORWEGIAN NAVY. // NATO's Nations & Partners for Peace;2005, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p70
Provides information on the Norwegian Navy. Security threats in the Barents Sea; Overview of the defense industry in the country; Implementation of a network centric warfare concept.
- The Navy and Canada's National Interests in this Maritime Century. McFadden, Dean // Northern Mariner / Le Marin du Nord;Jul-Oct2014, Vol. 24 Issue 3/4, p349
No abstract available.
- Europe exists. // Interavia Business & Technology;May2000, Vol. 55 Issue 642, p4
Editorial. Focuses on the British government's agreement with European defense companies for the modernization of Great Britain's airlifter fleet. Importance of the development to the creation of a common European procurement policy; Market base required by the European industry to compete in...
- THE NORTH AFRICAN NAVIES. // Naval Forces;2008, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p109
The article profiles the Royal Moroccan Navy (RMORN), the naval branch of the military of Morocco. The Royal Moroccan Navy's flag ships are the Floreal class frigates Hassan II and Mohammed V. The country has opted for its initial project of three SIGMA corvettes of the Dutch shipbuilder Schelde...
- China Review News: China Should Focus on the Indian Ocean. // Chinascope;Jul/Aug2014, Issue 70, p21
The article focuses on a commentary on China's ocean strategy published in the June 20, 2014 issue of "China Review News," criticizing its lack of focus on the Indian Ocean.
- ASSESSING THE NEW U.S. MARITIME STRATEGY. Erickson, Andrew S. // Naval War College Review;Autumn2008, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p35
The article discusses China's assessment of a new U.S. maritime strategy that emphasizes building partnerships with maritime forces abroad. Although the Chinese are suspicious that the U.S. could be implementing policies inimical to their own interests under the guise of cooperation, they also...
- British Colonial Navies. // America;9/23/1911, Vol. 5 Issue 24, p567
The article comments on the colonial navies of England, Australia and Canada in 1911. It includes an in-depth analysis of the navies' sphere of action, as well as a discussion on what flag they will fly and who will exercise authority over the colonial navies. Also cited are the issues'...