Community Goes on the Offense To Save Navy Base from BRAC
- Congressional Panel Moves To Halt Second Round of Base Closings. Pitsch, Mark // Education Week;10/31/1990, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p22
The article reports on the decision made by the White House and Senate leaders to block the second round of scheduled military-base closings. The Congressional panel agreed the stoppage of the closings until the U. S. Department of Defense will offer a written criteria to make closure decisions....
- Military base closure effort starts. Parish, Linn // Journal of Business (10756124);7/1/2004 Supplement, Vol. 19, p4
Reports on the military base realignment and closure efforts of the U.S. Department of Defense. Launch of data calls about the characteristics of the different military installations which will be used in making recommendations for closure and realignment; Details of the base realignment and...
- State remains vigilant on military base closures. Schnitzler, Peter // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/23/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p6
Reports that Indiana's political leaders and economic developers will remain vigilant on the Base Realignment and Closure process. Implications of Department of Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld's recommendations for the Defense Finance and Accounting Service center in Lawrence; Efforts to...
- State finally wins in BRAC process. // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/23/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p10
Focuses on efforts of Indiana's political leaders in showing to the presidential commission on military base realignment and closings the value of the state's key military bases. Transfer of several jobs to the Defense Finance and Accounting Service facility in Lawrence and realignment at Naval...
- State Likely to Lose Some Bases, Local Group Is Told. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;3/15/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p3
Reports on the military base realignment and closure in San Diego, California. Formation of a separate military support group; Reduction in the military capacity; Modification to the base closure list.
- IRAQ'S FLOW. Santacroce, Rudy; Soto, Leticia; Tollefson, Eric // Industrial Engineer: IE;Aug2009, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p24
The article details the development of the streamlined base closure process along with the background and capabilities of the Iraqi Base Management System (IBMS) simulation model. Developed by Colonel Scott Donahue, IBMS was the collective effort of both the Multi-National Corps-Iraq (MNC-I) C5...
- Pentagon Renews Push for Additional Military Base Closures. Hellman, Christopher // Defense Monitor;Aug2001, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p5
Reports military base closures by the Defense Department of the United States. Proposal of legislation for permitting additional military base closures; Process of selecting commission nominees; Production of lists of proposed base closures by the office of the Secretary of Defense.
- Senate rejects more base closings. // Army Magazine;Jul98, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p8
Focuses on US Senate Armed Services Committee's rejection of a request for more rounds of base closings during deliberations on fiscal year 1999 defense spending.
- Is Whitehall still seeking the Peace Dividend?!? Hooton, Ted // Military Technology;2009, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p10
The article discusses the British government's support for the British military presence in Afghanistan. The author says that the limited British military presence in Afghanistan is due to Treasury restrictions, although when challenged on this issue the Government tends to prevaricate....