Greece: a Downgrade After the Olympics?
- N.Y.C. Olympic Plan Pushes TIF Districts, Plenty of Bonds. Mckaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;11/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31510, p1
Reports on the bond issuance required to host the New York City's Summer Olympics for the year 2012. Use of tax increment financing for infrastructure improvements; Comparison of the investment made in the U.S. held Olympic Games in Salt Lake City and Atlanta; Creation of a special authority to...
- The creative power of the Olympics. Pullan, Julian // Conference & Incentive Travel;Nov/Dec2011, p20
The author offers his opinion on planning for the 2012 Olympic Games to be held in Great Britain which he believes can have a positive impact on the special events planning industry that will also inspire brilliance among the staff involved.
- Olympic team costs Â£20k a day. Booth, Robert // Building Design;1/23/2004, Issue 1609, p2
Reports on the estimated costs that London, England's Olympic bid team has spent on design fees to produce the plan for the 2012 Olympics. Efforts of the architects, planners and engineers to produce a plan for the 2012 Olympics; Vision of Ken Livingstone, London, England mayor, for the event;...
- Diary. // Money Management;7/1/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p2
Presents a calendar of money management events in Australia from July to November 2004.
- Event Planning - keeping to budget. // Conference & Exhibition Fact Finder;Nov2004, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p35
Offers advice on how to budget before an event planning. Questions to asked the financial controller; Establishment of an accurate budget; Importance of creating a spreadsheet.
- OLYMPIC NIGHTMARE FOR MONTREAL. Pileggi, Sarah // Sports Illustrated;2/ 9/1976, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p62
The article discusses the challenges faced by the city government of Montreal, Quebec concerning the opening of the Olympic Games on July 17, 1976. It reports that the original budget for the construction of infrastructures needed for the event is 310 million Canadian dollars but it became 1.2...
- Ric Birch. Byrne, Jennifer // Bulletin with Newsweek;9/14/2004, Vol. 122 Issue 6438, p36
This article focuses on Ric Birch. He's been master of ceremonials for three Olympics and has the 2006 Winter Games firmly in his sights. But it was Sydney that almost broke his creative spirit. He was a commentator at the event and is now back in Australia, planning the rebuilding of his...
- Test of Medal. Matheson, Gordon O. // Physician & Sportsmedicine;Aug2004, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p2
These are difficult times to be writing about the Olympic Games, now returning to their birthplace in Athens, Greece. The specter of athlete drug scandals on the heels of ethical lapses within the IOC itself and the role of sleazy "supplement" manufacturers and promoters have tarnished the...
- A practical step-by-step guide to organising successful events. Waters, Kevin // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Dec2006/Jan2007, Issue 56, p17
The article presents a guide to organizing events. Among the tips: consider your audience, decide how important catering to them is to you, and decide what you want from your audience. Once you have collected data on your audience, you should create a spreadsheet to determine what is needed. If...