Which Way Archipelago?
- IPO a good time to ditch Archipelago's old ways. // Crain's Chicago Business;4/5/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p10
Electronic stock exchange Archipelago Holdings LLC combines up-to-the-minute technology with old-fashioned boardroom ways. It promises to liberate investors from the oppressive practices of traditional exchanges by helping them find the best price for every trade. Fairness, efficiency and...
- Will market brighten for Morningstar IPO? Gallun, Alby // Crain's Chicago Business;8/23/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 34, p4
Optimists predict the languishing market for initial public offerings will bounce back after Labor Day, when Wall Street power brokers return from the Hamptons. Chicago, Illinois-based mutual fund research firm Morningstar Inc., had better hope so. Nearly four months after announcing plans for a...
- The IPO 100. // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/23/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 34, p19
Measures the average price of initial public offerings in the U.S. recent as of August 18, 2004.
- THE IPO 100. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/4/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 38, p17
Measures the average price of initial public offerings in the U.S. recent as of September 29, 2004.
- Tech Leaves It On the Table. Useem, Jerry // Fortune;3/19/2001, Vol. 143 Issue 6, p34
This article reports on the trends concerning initial public offerings (IPO) within the U.S. market as of March 2001. The idea of IPO is being linked to branding events. The theory was for an underwriter to price a company at $14 a share or so, only to see it increase past $100 when trading...
- An IPO Planned by Nasdaq Rival. // Traders Magazine;Jan2004, Vol. 17 Issue 220, p20
Reports on the plans for initial public offering of Archipelago Holdings in the U.S. Regulatory scrutiny of the exchange application of the National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations (Nasdaq); Alliance of Archipelago Holdings with the Pacific Exchange; Participation of...
- Price support and spreads in the IPO aftermarket: An empirical microstructure study. Li, Mingsheng; Eisenstadt, Robert C. // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Sep2005, Vol. 45 Issue 4/5, p748
Abstract: Using the inventory components of spreads as a measure of inventory holding-risk, we test the hypothesis of Hanley et al. [Hanley, K. W., Kumar, A., & Seguin, P. J. (1993). Price stabilization in the market for new issues. Journal of Financial Economics, 34, 177ï¿½197] that price...
- IPOS IN THE US. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/23/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 40, p28
Several charts are presented that list the priced and newly filed initial public offerings in October 2006 in the U.S.
- The Performance of IPOs at the Neuer Markt. Gerke, Wolfgang; Fleischer, Jörg // Schmalenbach Business Review (SBR);Oct2001, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p355
Focuses on an examination of the returns and aftermarket performance of initial public offerings (IPO) in the German Neuer Markt, as of October 2001. Percentage of the underpricing of IPO in the country; Comparison of the initial returns of IPO and other market segments; Performance of IPO...