CMBS Market Appears Frothy
- CMBS Market Facing Possible Correction. // Mortgage Servicing News;Dec2007/Jan2008, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p35
The article reports on the possible adjustments to be made in the commercial mortgage securitization market in the U.S. According to the article, the market is facing a difficult situation with the overabundance of supply that needs to be sold. In addition, the correction period, which was...
- Fannie expected to shrink its portfolio further going forward. // Asset Securitization Report;3/28/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p15
Reports on the release of the volume report of Fannie Mae for February 2005 in the U.S. Detection of a smaller retained portfolio and a less active guaranty business during the period; Increase in the sale of mortgage-backed securities (MBS); Inclination of Fannie Mae to sell MBS.
- DEEP FREEZE. Kalette, Denise // National Real Estate Investor;Feb2008, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p22
The article offers insights on how to address symptoms of recession and possible write-downs in the value of commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) market. Senior managing director Randy Reiff says that industry confidence can be regained if fear does not overcome rational decision making....
- Deal Would Ease Market Concerns. // National Mortgage News;12/7/2009, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p10
The article discusses the settlement to convert U.S. Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities (CMBS) loans back to its performing status. It states that the settlement terms will securitize various CMBS transactions and will return to its performing status 60 to 90 days thereafter. According to...
- Competition diminishes among retail financiers. McCloud, John // National Real Estate Investor;Jan99, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p46
Reports on the status of the commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) market in the United States and its impact on financing in the final quarter of 1998. Where the changes in the lending market stemmed; Factors that contributed to the collapse of CMBS.
- 'Enronitis' Dampens Loan Market. Levy, John B. // National Real Estate Investor;Sep2002, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p59
Reports the state of the market for commercial mortgage-backed securities in the U.S. Return of investment; Decline in the volume of loan originations; Level of office vacancies.
- Belize Sees First Rated Mortgage Securities Deal. // National Mortgage News;5/6/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p7
Reports the completion of the rated mortgage securitization in Belize. Identification of commercial and residential loans; Value of the mortgage pool in securing trances.
- High-risk borrowers take toll on residential MBSs. // Mortgage Banking;Dec97, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p7
Reports that increased lending to B & C borrowers has had negative effects on the performance of the collateral underlying more than ten billion dollars of residential mortgage-backed securities (MBSs) in the United States. Delinquencies, foreclosures and losses.
- July CMBS payments hit â‚¬900m. O'Connell, Bridget // Estates Gazette;8/4/2012, Issue 1231, p05
The article reports on the 900 million euro in total repayments of European collateralized mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) loans in Great Britain in July 2012, according to the monthly bulletin of ratings agency Fitch.