Some Couples May Be Too Odd
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Private Equity. Burns, Mairin // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/7/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 14, p18
Credit Suisse First Boston Corp.'s Private Equity sold private jet transportation provider Sentient to TH Lee Putnam Ventures, the $1.1 billion technology joint venture between private equity group Thomas H. Lee Co. and mutual fund giant Putnam Investments, for around $50 million. Boston-based...
- Boeing Explores Selling Finance Unit. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;1/26/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p5
Reports the selection of Credit Suisse First Boston Corp. by Boeing Co. to explore sale options for its commercial financial services division. Estimated amount of assets accounted for the unit; Background on the company; Companies that sold their commercial credit businesses.
- Firm eyes new push into real estate loans. Gandel, Stephen // Crain's New York Business;08/28/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 35, p4
Reports on Credit Suisse First Boston Corp.'s return into the real estate financing business in New York City. Plans of the company to support its offerings; Restructuring of the company's real estate unit after suffering problems in 1998.
- Algo Everywhere. Cohn, Michael // Securities Industry News;3/21/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p30
Looks at the popularity of algorithmic trading system in the financial services industry. Firms with which Credit Suisse First Boston made deals regarding the availability of its Advanced Execution Services suite of algorithmic tools; Views of Thomson Financial executive Bob Moitoso on the...
- CSFB On Top Again in Busy Year for High Yield Origination Teams. S.H. // High Yield Report;1/12/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p6
Reports that Credit Suisse First Boston Corp. (CSFB) became the top-performing financial service company in 2003 according to statistics from its high-yield market sector. Proceeds in millions; Market share; Number of issues.
- PPI: a nice little earner? // MarketWatch: Financial Services;May 2005, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p14
Reports on results of a research from Credit Suisse First Boston (CSFB), which showed that British banks are generating profits from the sale of payment protection insurance (PPI) policies. Problems with consumer understanding of financial products; Consumers' Association's criticism against...
- Company Spotlight: Credit Suisse. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;July 2005, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p129
This article reports that Credit Suisse First Boston Corp., a unit of Credit Suisse Group, will consolidate its processing activities over the coming months and focus them on its sites in Geneva and Zurich, Switzerland. The Switzerland-based financial services company said that the streamlining...
- CSFB nabs a top M&A telecom banker from Lazard Freres. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/5/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p13
Reports the business success of Credit Suisse First Boston (CSFB) on the global technology mergers and acquisitions in the U.S. Distinction of the company on its partnership with M&A; Management strategies employed by the company; Operations background.
- Firms Continue Web Brokerage Revamp. Bach, Deborah // American Banker;11/9/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 216, p20
Reports the business plan of Credit Suisse First Boston Corp. to unload its online CSFBdirect brokerage unit in the United States. Aim to take advantage on the higher valuations in the Internet economy; Confrontation of substantial losses; Plan to focus on institutional investors.