- Capital One Lowers Deal Termination Fee. Lindenmayer, Isabelle // American Banker;6/21/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 118, p6
Reports that Capital One Financial Corp. agreed to reduce the fee it would receive if its deal to buy Hibernia Corp. fell through. How the fee reduction is meant to help Hibernia settle a shareholder suit stemming from the deal; Analysis of the deal.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: FIGs. // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/4/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 26, p34
Presents data on investment banks' activities in the financial services sector as of June 27, 2005. Global underwriting volume; Top issuers; Announced U.S. and global target merger and acquisition advisers.
- Souls grows financial services footprint. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;1/24/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p9
The article reports on the announcement of Souls Private Equity confirming that they controlled 25 percent of financial planning firm through its associated company Supercorp Pty Ltd. in Australia. The company confirmed that they controlled Wealth and Retirement Solutions (WRS) and mentioned...
- NFP to Sell $250M in Add-On Bond Deal. Lewis, Jakema // High Yield Report;5/18/2015, p1
The article reports that financial services and insurance provider National Financial Partners Corp. (NFP) is selling 250 million dollars of its 9 percent senior notes in add-on deal due in 2021 to fund acquisitions.
- Rethinking the Deal After Troubles Hit the Target. Harrison, Joan // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Mar2007, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p34
The article focuses on problems related to merger and acquisition deals and offers suggestion to prevent them. Problems can come in many forms, including deteriorating financial performance, a recall or withdrawal of a top moneymaking product, a lawsuit, or a regulatory investigation. Choices...
- Special commissioners' decisions. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina // Accountancy;Oct2001, Vol. 128 Issue 1298, p119
This article discusses the decision of the special commissioners in the case Trustees of the Omega Group Pension Scheme versus the Internal Revenue Code in Great Britain. The special commissioners held that a distribution that a pension fund's trustees received from Powergen PLC for the purchase...
- Morgan-Perelman Scrap May Shake Up M&A Practices. Sikora, Martin // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jul2005, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p32
The article discusses the possible impact of the dispute between finance company Morgan Stanley & Co. and takeover artist Ronald Perelman on the mergers and acquisitions market. Attorneys and bankers foresaw several developments from the dispute, such as advisers having to do a more thorough job...
- EverTrust Delays Vote on Sale to Key. Sundaramoorthy, Geeta // American Banker;9/27/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 186, p19
Reports that EverTrust Financial Group Inc. postponed a shareholder vote on its bid to sell itself to KeyCorp to give investors time to review a tentative settlement with a shareholder regarding the deal. Details of a lawsuit filed against EverTrust and Key by a shareholder group, alleging that...
- Marsh On The Rebound. Friedman, Sam // National Underwriter / P&C;7/4/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 26, p5
Presents information on the financial performance of the Marsh & McLennan Cos. Inc. family of companies. Acquisition of Kroll Inc. by Marsh; Appointment of Michael Cherkasky by Marsh to the post of director; Litigations involving Marsh; Challenges before Cherkasky; Profits of Marsh.