New Jersey Gov. McGreevey Announces Resignation
- McGreevey steps down. Roehr, Bob // Bay Area Reporter;11/18/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 47, p18
Reports on the resignation of New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey on November 15, 2004. Implication of his admission of being gay for the move; Allegations of corruption by his administration; Influence of controversies on his personal life on the decision.
- McGreevey's Former Chief Counsel Looks Back. Cotiis, Michael R. // njbiz;11/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p11
Interviews Michael R. DeCotiis, chief council to New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey from March 2003 to October 2004, regarding the administration of McGreevey. Comparison between working for the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey and working in the governor's office; Views on the...
- Lessons from the McGreevey Resignation Crisis. Adubato, Steve // njbiz;8/23/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 34, p22
Interviews Steve Adubato, author of "Speak From the Heart" and a motivational speaker, about the resignation of New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey. Reason of the governor for not answering questions from the media; Analysis of the feeling of the governor's wife and parents during the...
- McGreevey comes out. // Bay Windows;8/19/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p1
Presents a speech by New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey delivered at a press conference in New Jersey on August 12, 2004. Announcement of McGreevey on his sexual orientation; Decision of McGreevey to resign; Reason behind the decision.
- Hurricane McGreevey blows through. Besen, Wayne // Bay Windows;8/19/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p6
Comments on the increasing popularity of New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey. Decision of McGreevey to resign after announcing his sexual orientation; Reason behind the resignation; Remarks on coming out.
- OUT OF THE CLOSET, OUT OF A JOB. Roehr, Bob // Just Out;11/19/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p19
Reports on the resignation of New Jersey Governor James McGreevey after announcing that he is gay. Controversy on the prevention of a special election to fill out the remaining 14 months of his term; Charges of corruption faced by his administration; Rumors about his affair with former staff...
- GARDEN STATE. Stein, Lisa // U.S. News & World Report;8/30/2004, Vol. 137 Issue 6, p10
Reports that both Democrats and Republicans are pressing New Jersey Governor James McGreevey to leave office now instead of waiting until November 15th so that the way will be cleared for a special election to fill the coveted slot. Decision of McGreevey to resign because of an extramarital...
- The Day McGreevey Stunned Us All. Reed, Ingrid // njbiz;8/8/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p10
Reflects on the resignation of former New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey on August 12, 2004. Response of the public to the governor's admission that he is gay; Impact of the resignation on the state politics; Attitudes of New Jerseyans toward political issues.
- New Jersey governor comes out publicly, resigns over admitted affair. Roehr, Bob; Wockner, Rex // Gay & Lesbian Times;12/30/2004, Issue 888, p42
Reports on the resignation of New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey after admitting an affair with another man.