FAR WEST Bond-Watch
- CalPERS adapts equity strategy to bonds. // Pensions & Investments;3/19/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p3
The article reports that the California Public Employees' Retirement System has decided to permit its external international bond managers to invest up to 10 percent of their portfolios in international high-yield bonds. The new strategy would boost the portfolio's information ratio. A few bond...
- CalPERS to keep return rate intact. // Pensions & Investments;3/21/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p7
The article reports that board of California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS) voted to keep its assumed rate of return at 7.75 percent.
- CalPERS looks to lower return expectations. DIAMOND, RANDY // Pensions & Investments;7/27/2015, Vol. 43 Issue 15, p1
The article reports on then plan of officials from pension and health benefits agency California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS) to lower the volatility of pension funds though reducing rate of return expectations. Topics discussed include the reduction on investments on stocks and...
- Shareholder Wealth Effects of CalPERS' Activism. Crutchley, Claire E.; Hudson, Carl D.; Jensen, Marlin R.H. // Financial Services Review;1998, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p1
Investigates the long-term returns an investor with public information could earn by buying a portfolio of firms targeted by the California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS). Activism of institutional investors in monitoring management and voting shares they control; Background on...
- CalPERS Reference Pricing Policy Yields Big ROI. Goth, Greg // Healthdatamanagement.com;5/23/2014, p1
The article reports on the large amount of return on investment (ROI) generated by the California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS) after implementing a reference pricing policy for elective surgeries.
- CalPERS Targets 100% Funding with Discount Rate Changes. Reeve, Nick // AiCIO News;2015, p31
The article reports on a risk management system implemented by California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS), which will see the fund reduce its expected rate of return following strong performance, with a view to close its funding gap.
- CALIFORNIA: CalPERS Takes 20% Hit. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/24/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32989, p9
The article reports that participating governments in the largest public employee pension system will possibly face a bill for increased pension contributions to the California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS) in California. The released statement of CalPERS indicated that if a 20%...
- CaIPERS' Returns Dip. // Money Management Executive;3/24/2008, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p6
The article reports on the financial performance of California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS) in the U.S. It cites that the company has a total return of -0.5% or a loss of $1.6 billion due to the subprime mortgage crisis. Moreover, it is noted that its investments have...
- CalPERS cuts investment return assumption to 7.5%. Jacobius, Arleen // Pensions & Investments;3/19/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p20
The article reports that the board of the California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS ) has voted to decrease the assumed investment return of the retirement system from 7.75% to 7.5% ,which will take effect on July 1, 2012. Alan Milligan, chief actuary of CalPERS, said that the...