Virginia's Warren, Fairfax Counties Ready Deals
- Market Close: Credit Spreads at 32-Month Low as Ukraine Worries Fade. Renick, Oliver // Bond Buyer;3/5/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34070, p1
The article offers information municipal bonds in the U.S. and Ukraine. Topics discussed include issuance of new municipal bond, view of Bernard Garruppo, chief executive officer of Granite Springs Asset Management, on the crisis in the Ukraine, and issuing of school building bonds worth 26.65...
- Everett, Mass., readies debt sale for much-needed school construction. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;07/19/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30685, p30
Reports on the preparations of Everett, Massachusetts to market municipal bonds to fund a major school building construction. State funding levels and reimbursement schedules; Construction of kindergartens through eight-grade schools and high school.
- Municipal Bonds, 2011. Barnes, Aaron // Statistics of Income (SOI) Bulletin;Summer2014, p38
The article offers information on the municipal bonds in the U.S. as of 2011. Topics include the decline of municipal bond issuance from $556.9 billion in 2010 to $390.6 billion in 2011, the total tax-exempt bond proceeds, and the increase in proceeds of tax-exempt governmental bond issues for...
- Chesterfield County, Va., Voters to Weigh $342M of Debt Requests. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31967, p8
Reports on the bond referendums in Chesterfield County, Virginia. Discretion of the voters to approve the general obligations bond requests; Use of the proceeds for school construction; Development of a public-safety training facilities.
- School Deal Gets Nod. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/14/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32466, p33
The article reports on the approval of majority voters in Jones County, Mississippi of the $37 million bond issue to build a new elementary school and construct 37 other school projects in the county. Voters rejected requests for $16.2 million in two past referendums, while authorizing $23.3...
- TEXAS: Bonds Build New School. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/10/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33976, p9
The article reports on the decision of Sabine Independent School District in east Texas to build its first elementary school since 1932 in Liberty City, Texas with proceeds from 19.8 million dollars of general obligation bonds approved by voters in May 2013.
- Austin Learns the High Price of Education in Central Texas. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/22/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30959, p3
Reports that building costs in central Texas have strained the Austin Independent School District's municipal bond-funded construction projects in Austin, Texas. Creative financing methods used by school officials to cope with added building expenses; Amount raised from rolling the accrued...
- Detroit Taxpayers Foot Big Bill for Closed Schools. A. P. // Education Week;11/6/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p5
The article discusses the cost to Detroit, Michigan tax payers in bond issues for schools that are closed or demolished as of 2013, including bonds from 1994 and 2009 for construction and renovation costs, and mentions the principal interest on the buildings.
- Better Than a Bake Sale. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;7/17/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32424, p37
The article provides information on the competitive sale of general obligation bonds by Lincoln town in Rhode Island. The bonds will pay off notes sold in 2005 for the construction of a new middle school and renovations to other educational facilities. First Southwest Co. functions as the town's...