Moody's Forecasts Stability for Mississippi's Cities and Counties
- Moody's Report Outlines Construction Boom for Hospitals. Daulerio, A. J. // Bond Buyer;4/18/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32113, p33
Forecasts the growth in hospital spending by Moody's Investors Service Inc in the U.S. Issuance of debt for hospital construction and renovation; Development of bigger and new facilities; Installation of advance technology.
- Ongoing Budget Morass Dims Arizona's Outlook. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/16/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33184, p3
The article reports on the warning by Treasurer Dean Martin that failure to fix a one billion U.S. dollars budget deficit will continue to raise the cost of doing business in Arizona. It notes that rating agencies are placing the state's Aa3 issuer rating on negative outlook, reflecting the...
- MICHIGAN: Pontiac Schools Rating Cut. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;8/14/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33962, p5
The article describes the lowering of financial rating of the Pontiac City School District, Michigan by the bond credit rating business Moody's Investors Service Inc. on August, 8, 2013.
- Hard Noses At Agencies. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/1/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 26, p13
Reports the conservatism rating agency, Moody's Investors Service in the U.S. Expansion and realignment of analyst from Moody; Focus on energy trading sector; Decision of Moody to downgrade Calpine Corp. to junk status.
- Borrowers could handle incremental rises in the base rate, says Moody's. THOMAS, PAUL // Mortgage Strategy;8/5/2015, p8
The article reports on the claim of ratings agency Moody's that borrowers in Great Britain will be able to handle incremental increases in base rate and arrears levels are likely to rise only slightly.
- Moody's Lowers Discover Outlook. // American Banker;12/1/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 230, p10
The article reports that the credit rating agency Moody's Investors Services Inc. has lowered its outlook for the financial services firm Discover Financial Services due to the expected effect of the recession on the company's core credit card business. Moody's reaffirmed its high rating of...
- A critical warning from Moody's to countries like Turkey. Keleþ, Öznur // Journal of Turkish Weekly;5/18/2015, p2
The article discusses credit rating agency Moody's quarterly "Global Macro Outlook" report, in which it warned that countries such as South Africa, Turkey and Brazil are vulnerable to negative shocks. Topics covered include the likely widening of the divergence between global economies, the...
- Moody's Becomes Second Agency to Lower Outlook on Nevada to Negative. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;7/16/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32919, p4
The article reports that Nevada has received a second negative outlook on July 15, 2008 following the reaffirmation of Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s Aa1 rating on the state's economically battered rating limited-tax general obligation bonds. It states that Fitch Ratings Ltd. had revised the...
- DOWNGRADED TO JUNK: Are Stumbles at the Big Three Ratings Agencies a Red Herring or a Wake Up Call for Credit Departments? Shappell, Brian // Business Credit;Ju/Aug2010, Vol. 112 Issue 7, p10
The article examines the failure of the big three credit ratings agencies namely Moody's Investment Services, Fitch Ratings Inc. and Standard & Poor's Corp. to provide reliable forecasts on economic performance across the globe. It indicates that the issues faced by these agencies could create a...