Yield Indexes End Lower After Weak Employment Report
- Weak Jobs Data Triggers Rally; Munis Rise in Shortened Session. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31987, p2
Reports that the U.S. municipal bond market finished substantially higher in October 8, 2004. Participants' move to mark up offerings and step up bids following the release of a weaker-than-expected September 2004 employment report; Concerns about the pace of future economic growth.
- Indexes Mixed in First Full Trading Week After the Holidays. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;1/9/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31797, p40
Reports on the municipal bond indexes in the U.S. Willingness of investors to pay more because of the lack of supply; Decline in employment figures; Increase in the yield on the 30-year Treasury bond.
- Municipals Move Up on Sell-Off Ahead of November Payrolls Data. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/3/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32022, p2
Reports on the rise in the municipal bonds yields in the U.S. Employment forecast of the economist Ethan Harris; Performance of the government market; Employment growth in the country.
- Municipal Traders Don Rally Caps Ahead of Increased Primary Supply. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;2/8/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32066, p2
Reports on the stability of the municipal bond market in the U.S. Improvement in the employment rate with a number of job creation in the economic report; Pricing levels of government securities; Credit-quality of tobacco bonds.
- Municipals Finish Down as Treasuries Fail to Maintain Positive Momentum. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/11/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32171, p2
Reports on the outlook of the municipal bond market in the U.S. Failure of the Treasuries to sustain their positive momentum after June employment growth; Escalation of non-farm payroll; Concern of the municipal bond market participants about their ability to distribute new issues given a...
- Market snapshot: Tuesday, March 14. // Bond Buyer;03/15/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30849, p2
Reports on developments in the financial markets of the United States on March 14, 2000. Economic indicators; Prices of government securities; Municipal bond index and municipal futures.
- Market snapshot: Wednesday, November 4. // Bond Buyer;11/05/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30515, p2
Presents market data in the United States, compiled for November 4, 1998. Economic indicators; Government securities; Municipal futures; Bonds.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, Nov. 28, 2000. // Bond Buyer;11/29/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31026, p2
Presents tables of the performance of government and municipal bonds as well as economic indicators in the United States as of November 28, 2000. Percentage decline in durable goods orders; Rating of consumer confidence; Government securities prices.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, May 29. // Bond Buyer;05/29/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31148, p2
Presents statistics concerning the municipal bond market performance as of May 29, 2001. Major deals; Economic indicators; Government securities prices.