Import, Export Indexes Rose in July
- Import Prices Drop 4.7%; Export Prices Down 1.9%. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;11/17/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33005, p35
The article reports on the performance of the U.S. import price index for October 2008. According to data released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the import price index was down 4.7% in that month. Thomson Reuters had predicted a 4.2% decline for the imports index. The 3.3% decrease in the...
- Imports Up 1.1%; Exports Rise 0.1%. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;8/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32196, p2
Reports on the increase of the Import Price Index of the U.S. due to a jump in petroleum import prices. Percentage of the increase; Prediction of economists for an increase in the price index; Rise of export prices.
- Import Prices Rise, Exports Fall. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;9/12/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32215, p2
Reports on the increase in import price index of the U.S. due to the growth in petroleum import prices. Ability of the index to meet the predictions of economists; Decline in export prices; Stability of prices for non-petroleum imports.
- December Price Statistics. Bryan, Michael; Molloy, Linsey // Economic Trends (07482922);Feb2007, p4
The article presents the price statistics for December 2006 in the U.S. According to the authors, the retail price growth during the said month indicates that the inflation trend remains steady. They further state that the Consumer Price Index (CPI) had risen to 6.7%. Moreover, the energy prices...
- July CPI Up 0.5%; Core Rate Rose 0.1%. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/17/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32918, p2
Reports on the increase in consumer price index and the core rate in the U.S.
- February PPI Up 1.3%; Core Rate Rises 0.4%. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;3/16/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32588, p2
The article presents an economic forecast on the performance of the producer price index (PPI) in the U.S. It is accounted that PPI for finished goods exhibited 1.3 percent increase followed with a 0.6 percent decrease in January and a 0.9 percent increase in December 2006. The core rates in PPI...
- Home Prices in Rapid Nov. Drop, a Record, in 20 Cities. // American Banker;1/28/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 18, p11
The article reports that a price index of housing prices in 20 U.S. cities fell by a record 18.2 percent in November, 2008 compared to the same month of 2007. The Standard & Poor's/Case-Schiller index is considered a key economic indicator of housing conditions. The decline followed an 18.1...
- Update. // Traffic World;6/28/2004, Vol. 268 Issue 26, p36
Presents U.S. economic indicators on railroad traffic compiled as of June 28, 2004. Diesel price index; Rail operating metrics; Weekly traffic of major U.S. railroads.
- Good News about Personal Income and the Consumer Price Index Throughout the United States and Alaska. Pemberton, Jocelyn // Alaska Business Monthly;Dec2005, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p79
The article reports on personal income and the consumer price index in the United States and Alaska for the second quarter of 2005. Personal income in the U.S. for the second quarter increased from $9,093,138 billion in 2004 to $10,225,957 billion in 2005. In Alaska, personal income increased...