Working on love
- News in brief. // Personnel Today;4/19/2005, p6
This article presents information related to employment costs in Western European countries that are 23% higher than in the U.S. and more than four times those in Eastern Europe, according to a survey by Mercer Human Resource Consulting. Costs in the most expensive countries are more than 10...
- Exercises in restraint: mending fences and advice with referees. Mountstevens, Sue // Grocer;9/29/2012, p77
The article presents questions and answers related to employment, namely, how to resolve a personal disagreement with a colleague at work, and the advisability of providing a reference whom the applicant has not worked for in the past six years.
- Psychosocial working conditions and self-reported health in a representative sample of wage-earners: a test of the different hypotheses of the Demand—Control—Support—Model. Vanroelen, Christophe; Levecque, Katia; Louckx, Fred // International Archives of Occupational & Environmental Health;Jan2009, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p329
This paper presents an in-depth examination of the demandâ€“controlâ€“supportâ€“model (DCS-model). Each hypothesis of the DCS-model is tested: the main effects of job demands, job autonomy, task variation and social support; the additive effects of job strain, active learning and...
- Steer yourself to career success. // Computer Weekly;9/6/2005, p22
The article presents information on a survey that revels that the IT jobs market is in good shape. Pay rises are in evidence but, as a leading recruitment expert points out, companies are tending to make rises on individual merit rather than across the board. That adds further weight to the...
- A Bleak Future for Low-Income Working Women. Jones, David R. // New York Amsterdam News;1/20/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 3, p5
The article discusses the concerns employment and lack of jobs by low-income women in New York City.
- COSMO CAREERS. Goins, Liesa // Cosmopolitan;Nov2001, Vol. 231 Issue 5, p106
Presents various information related to working women.
- Expand free entitlement and boost employment, says report. // Nursery World (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);11/12/2012, Vol. 112 Issue 4307, p11
The article discusses a report by the Resolution Foundation that offers several recommendations to boost low pay, raise skills and grow female employment in Great Britain.
- Make smart decision for your future after making dumb decision in the past. O'Donnell, Jeanine "J. T. "; Dauten, Dale // St. Charles Journal;11/21/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 47, pD14
The article presents questions and answers related to employment which include dealing with problems at work after breaking up one's personal relationship with the manager and preparing for future job interviews after being fired by a former employer due to a failed drug test.
- Untitled. Julia; Gerry; Caitlin // NW;5/30/2011, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p93
The article presents questions and answers related to personal relationships and problems including how to motivate one's husband to find a job after being laid off, how to manage and talk about sensitive matters like food and weight with one's girlfriend and problem with the husband becoming...