Kitchen door victory tor PWS
- Solutia Refuses to Pay 'Legacy' Asbestos Settlement. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;12/10/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 44, p8
Reports on the refusal of Solutia to pay its share of a settlement of two lawsuits brought by plaintiffs who say they were exposed to asbestos used to insulate equipment at facilities formerly owned by Monsanto. Plan of Solutia to challenge other legacy liabilities resulting from the spin-off...
- The Litigation Game: Playing to Win. // Corporate Legal Times;May2002, Vol. 12 Issue 126, p1
Focuses on the techniques of complex litigation. Settlement of the cases as soon as possible; Preparation of the comprehensive litigation; Importance of finances in settling cases.
- Legal harbinger? Taylor, Mark // Modern Healthcare;6/20/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p8
Focuses on the potential impact of the settlement of allegations of both price discrimination against uninsured patients and violations of state consumer fraud laws on pending lawsuits filed against tax-exempt hospitals by a legal consortium led by attorney Richard Scruggs in Mississippi. ...
- NYC Settles With Family Of Woman Killed During Police Raid. // Jet;11/17/2003, Vol. 104 Issue 21, p47
Reports on the decision of New York City and its police department to settle a lawsuit filed against them by the family of Alberta Spruill who died during a police raid in 2003. Background on the case; Amount of settlement fee agreed to pay by the city of New York.
- Sen. McConnell Introduces Bill To Require That Governments Plan By Same Rules As Individuals... // Insurance Advocate;07/03/99, Vol. 110 Issue 27, p22
Focuses on a bill introduced in the United States to require that governments play by the same rules as individual citizens in pursuing court action to recover alleged damages. Purpose of introducing the bill; Factors that drive the development of the bill.
- Lawsuits over 9/11 losses still to come. Wojcik, Joanne // Business Insurance;9/9/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 36, p24
Focuses on the lawsuits filed over the September 11 terrorist attacks damages and losses in the U.S. Indication on the civil damages by the business enterprises; Details on the federal law on insurance limitation of the airline industry; Consolidation of civil proceedings under Judge Alvin K....
- Economic Analysis v. Courtroom Controversy The Present Value of Future Earnings. Carlson, John A. // American Bar Association Journal;May76, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p628
Reports on issues related to the awarding of damages by the courts. Estimate of the claim for compensation in a lawsuit; Example of the calculation of the present value of projected future earnings; Effect of the discount rate on the present value of earnings.
- Effects of Litigation on Investment Returns. Chee Ng // Bank Accounting & Finance (08943958);Jun2006, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p35
The article focuses on the returns of international investment banks in conjunction with the litigation under the Martin Act, the antifraud law in New York. It details the case filed by the New York State's Attorney General against the brokerage houses. A settlement was reached by the state and...
- Payback Time. // njbiz;2/3/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p5
Reports on the decision of Aventis and Andrx, a generic drug maker, to pay a settlement to reimburse consumers, insurers and state governments which paid more for the blood pressure drug Cardizem. Number of states that filed lawsuits against the companies; Accusation against the companies;...