Thomas Nelson Book Sales Up 5% in Q1 2005; Total Revenues Rise 17%
- Nelson Sales Slipped in 2003. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/21/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 29, p68
Reports on the decline in publishing revenue of U.S. publisher Thomas Nelson in the fiscal year ended March 31, 2003. Factors which contributed to the decline; Impact of its decision to cut the number of titles it publishes annually on its financial performance; Plans for 2004.
- Thomas Nelson Posts Strong Net Income Gains For Fiscal 2004. // Book Publishing Report;5/17/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p4
Reports on the financial performance of Christian book publisher Thomas Nelson Inc. for March 2004. Increase in revenues; Net income, gains, and profits; Marketing strategy for the company's religious books.
- Earnings Jump at Thomas Nelson. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/23/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 8, p9
Reports on the increase in net income of publishing company, Thomas Nelson for the third quarter of fiscal year 2003. Rate of increase in sales and net income; Revenue for the quarter; Initiatives launched by the company which improved its operating margins.
- Nelson Has Strong Finish to Mediocre Year. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/12/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 19, p12
Focuses on the financial performance of publishing company Thomas Nelson Inc. for fiscal year ended March 31, 2003 in the U.S. Rise in revenue; Increase in income from continuing operations; Sales increase from continuing operations in the fourth quarter of 2002.
- Wiley Professional/Trade Revenues Up 3% in Q2. // Book Publishing Report;12/6/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 47, p1
This article reports that John Wiley & Sons' Professional/Trade segment posted revenues of $89.1 million in the second quarter of 2005, ended October 31, up 3% from the same quarter last year. The company's slow first quarter caused mid-year revenues for the division to climb 1% over mid-year...
- Thomas Nelson Revenues Up 13% In Q3, Conference Biz Grows. // Book Publishing Report;2/7/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the financial performance of religious publisher Thomas Nelson Publishers Inc. for the third quarter of fiscal 2005 in the U.S. Growth in revenues and net income; Function of Christian conferences organized as sales channel for its products; Remarks of company CEO Sam Moore regarding...
- THOMAS NELSON BY THE NUMBERS. // Publishers Weekly;9/11/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 36, p12
The article presents statistics on publisher Thomas Nelson. It includes total Nelson sales in fiscal 2006, number of employees as of March 2006, number of new titles released in fiscal 2004, 2005, and 2006, as well as the percentage of publishing division sales generated by backlist titles in...
- Thomas Nelson Posts 3Q Gains. // Book Publishing Report;2/23/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p1
Thomas Nelson Inc.'s effort to phase out unprofitable titles while building new business lines resulted in improved results for the publisher's third quarter ended December 31. Nelson's sales rose 4% to $56 million for the quarter, while its net income climbed 59% to $3.9 million. Company...
- Thomas Nelson Q2 Revenues Dips 3%; Company Mulls Acquisitions. // Book Publishing Report;11/15/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 44, p1
The article presents information on the financial performance of Thomas Nelson for its second quarter ending September 30, 2004. The company's revenues fell 3%, from $63.8 million to $61.9 million, in the period, compared to the same period last year. Net income also fell 3%, from $6.6 million...