Last Booknotes Airs Dec. 5, But Sister Network To Expand Book TV
- Lamb to End 'Booknotes' Run. // Publishers Weekly;8/16/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 33, p6
Reports on the decision of host and C-SPAN CEO Brian Lamb to cease the production of television program "Booknotes" in December 2004. Reason behind the move of Lamb; Information on another show that will be hosted by Lamb; Effect of the end of "Booknotes" on the BookTV channel programming.
- Razzle Dazzle. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;5/31/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 22, p16
Reports on the digital television broadcasting of ESPN Network. Information on the network's television program "SportsCenter"; Description of the "SportsCenter" studio of the network; Remarks from ESPN executives on the digital transmission of the network.
- Int'l biz seeks hit parade. Guider, Elizabeth // Daily Variety;5/19/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 35, p1
The article reports on the annual L. A. Screenings which offer various television shows to the foreign television stations program buyers. The acquisitions executives from television stations are hoping to bring out another television series "Lost," or a least few shows with sustainable...
- WUPA Splits News Hour. Nicholson, Gilbert // MediaWeek;4/12/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p10
Reports on the launch of a prime time news program by Atlanta, Georgia's WUPA-TV in April 2004. Purpose of the program according to Meg LaVigne, vice president and general manager of the station; Topics that will addressed by the program.
- Not even lip service. Barrett, Edward W. // Columbia Journalism Review;Summer1964, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p18
The article analyzes a chance dinner-table conversation with a general manager of a group of television stations. During the conversation, the manager was asked with what networks are his stations affiliated. He answered in one town or another, with all three. Specifically, the stations are...
- Running TV biz by remote control. Perebinossoff, Philippe // Daily Variety;3/3/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 48, p27
Comments on the defective management of television programming by executives of various networks in the U.S. Issues raised on the trends seen in television shows; Actions to be taken by the networks in order to improve television programming; Problems seen on the management of the stations.
- Tome talkshow turning final page at C-SPAN. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;8/11/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 27, p2
Announces the decision of Brian Lamb to close the author interview show, "Booknotes," in C-Span. Plan of Lamb to make a new television show; Features of the new television show; Importance of the show to authors.
- Good Old NATPE. Berman, Marc // MediaWeek;1/23/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p34
This article offers insights about the National Association of Television Programming Executives convention held in Las Vegas, Nevada in January 2006. The author noticed that there is the lack of any real syndication programming sales because deals have been done by the station group owners...
- FTA starts the year early. Alarcon, Camille // B&T Weekly;1/28/2005, Vol. 54 Issue 2504, p7
Reports on the competition in the programming of commercial television networks in time for the new rating season in Australia. Expectation of the Seven Network to draw success from its showing of the U.S. hit "Desperate Housewives"; Presentation of reality/talent show genre in the programming...