- Stancroft ups LoL and ScS stake. // Cabinet Maker;4/4/2008, Issue 5582, p3
The article reports on the increase in investment company Stancroft Trust's shareholding in Land of Leather (LoL) and ScS. Stancroft has grown its stake in both firms, from 3.5% shares of LoL in January to 13.02% whereas its shares in ScS have grown from 3.20% in January to 8.36%. Both companies...
- Taking action is the safer move. // Cabinet Maker;5/30/2008, Issue 5589, p6
The article examines the condition of the furniture retail trade in Great Britain and the implication of the Travolta/Micawber principle of investment. It mentions that Land of Leather and ScS Inc. lost 15p [41%] and 15p [29%] respectively when many investors bailed out from May 18 to 24, 2008....
- Mystery Shopper Middlebrough. // Cabinet Maker;05/04/2001, Issue 5236, p10
Presents a shopping experience at SCS Co. in South Bank Centre in Great Britain.
- Profits soar in record year for ScS. // Cabinet Maker;12/6/2002, Issue 5316, p4
Reports on the record pre-tax profits experienced by furniture distributor ScS Co. in Great Britain. Percentage of turnover; Average order value; Plans in opening new stores.
- ScS looks to the south. // Cabinet Maker;12/19/97, Issue 5069, p4
Reports that ScS chief executive Mike Browne sent staff at the Sunderland, England, office floral tributes to celebrate the opening of the firm's floatation at 112 pounds per share.
- ScS spreads South. // Cabinet Maker;04/14/2000, Issue 5183, p4
Reports on the expansion of upholstery retailer ScS in Great Britain.
- Margin emphasis boosts ScS. // Cabinet Maker;05/28/99, Issue 5140, p2
Highlights the financial performance of upholstery chain ScS for the six months period ending in June 1999.
- ...while ScS sees policy pay off. // Cabinet Maker;12/03/99, Issue 5166, p3
Reports on the plans of upholstery retailer ScS to expand after the store chain's policy of concentrating on margin rather than sales increased pre-tax profits despite a drop in like for like sales.
- ScS Ladybay Retail Park. // Cabinet Maker;10/27/2000, Issue 5211, p10
Assesses the customer service of ScS at the Ladybay Retail Park in Great Britain.