Danger sofa warning
- MP calls for crackdown on import of fire hazard sofas. Osiowy, Danusia // Cabinet Maker;6/2/2006, Issue 5490, p3
The article reports on the call of a British Member of Parliament for a crackdown on the illegal sofas being imported into Great Britain (UK) from Eastern Europe. The call was made following the discovery of upholstery being stocked by a furniture retailer in Essex, which breached fire...
- A HISTORY IN SOFAS. // Cabinet Maker;7/1/2011, Issue 5744, p16
The article features Colchester, England-based furniture manufacturer Alstons. It explores the history of the company highlighting the establishment of its small upholstery business in 1951 as part of its efforts to infiltrate the upholstery sector in the region. It also cites the firm's sofa...
- Brass beauty. // Country Living;May2005, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p28
Presents information on the Universal Furniture's 18th-century-inspired Montclaire sofa in a floral jacquard fabric.
- Urban retro. // Country Living;May2005, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p30
Presents information on Thomasville's Beekman Place Bay Bridge sofa with new color combination and designs.
- Are you classic? // Real Living;Nov2010, Issue 59, p26
Several photographs of sofa that give classic look to rooms are presented including 3-seat sofa in Scottsdale Tobacco leather, 3-seat sofa in Artisan Licorice leather and 3.5-seat sofa in Lourdes Natural fabric.
- I'M LOOKING FOR A BANQUETTE. // House Beautiful;Mar2011, Vol. 153 Issue 2, p38
Several photographs of sofas including the Campden by Blake Tovin from Vanguard Furniture Co. Inc., Hampton from Ballard Designs, and Finley from Bob Williams are presented.
- New products: Focus on Stag. // Cabinet Maker;08/28/98, Issue 5103, p12
Features furniture from British manufacturers. Sofas; Minstrel mahogany range.
- Coffee with Cream. Sollis, Carolyn // House Beautiful;Oct2001, Vol. 143 Issue 10, p48
Features several Regency sofas.
- He Said, He Said. Keno, Leigh; Keno, Leslie // House Beautiful;Jan2002, Vol. 144 Issue 1, p42
Presents the views of antique dealers about the manufacture of sofa beds during British military campaigns in the 18th century.