Installing Flush Valves Properly
- Diaphragm or piston flush valves? Gipson, Mike // PM Engineer;Jun2012, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p20
The article discusses selection and installation of diaphragm and piston flush valves. While diaphragm flush valves are deemed suitable for average commercial restroom facilities, piston valves are usually installed in facilities with special environmental needs. Details on the flushing...
- TOILETS. // Consumer Reports Buying Guide;2006, p76
The article presents information about the developments related to flush toilets. Some of the first low-flush toilets on the market earned a reputation for being problematic because they required two or more flushes to do their job--and often clogged in the process. Many of the newer models that...
- Compost Toilets and Self-Rule. Prakash, Madhu Suri // Yes!;Winter2008, Issue 44, p37
The article discusses the need for an ecological toilet to lessen the environmental pollution and scarcity of water. It describes that the ecological toilet honors Mahatma Gandhi and his simplicity and ecological sensitivity. Gandhi was the first to find out that every individual is destroying...
- Flushometer Products Offer Cost, Conservation Advantages. // American School & University;Jan2006, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p34
The article evaluates the UPPERCUT Dual-Flush Flushometer and the UPPERCUT Dual-Flush Handle retrofit product from Sloan Valve Co., and offers information on the products' features, design, and advantages.
- Convert Manual Flushometers to Electronic Operation. // American School & University;Jan2006, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p34
The article evaluates the Side-Mount-Operator-Over-The-Handle Model EBV-200-A Flushometer retrofit product from Sloan Valve Co., and offers information on the product's features, design, and advantages.
- BEST OPTIONS FOR HIGH-EFFICIENCY TOILETS. CHIRAS, DAN // Mother Earth News;Apr/May2010, Issue 239, p93
The author offers information on toilet that uses less water compared with the conventional model available in the U.S. They are available in units that have single-flush, dual-flush and pressure assist. For a family with four members, the single-flush toilet saves 14,000 gallons of water a...
- When to Upgrade Plumbing Fixtures. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Jul2001, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p92
Discusses the issues involved in improving plumbing fixtures. Reduction of water usage by retrofitting manual fixtures with touchless models; Significance of touchless flushmeters in decreasing the spread of bacteria; Guidelines in selecting retrofit kit.
- Toilet Troubleshooting. Henkenius, Merle // Popular Mechanics;Dec2005, Vol. 182 Issue 12, p93
This article presents some suggestions for the troubleshooting of common problems in toilets. There are three main toilet types: gravity flow, pressure-assist and a few older, silent-flush models. Gravity-flow toilets use head pressure, or the weight of the water in the tank, to push the...
- Unidirectional flushing improves water quality control. Hiltebrand, David J.; Antoun, Edward N. // WaterWorld;May98, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p14
Explains how unidirectional flushing improves water quality control. Reasons for the occurrence of water quality problems following the modification, upgrading and building of new treatment facilities; Typical problems encountered by new or upgraded systems; Conventional flushing.