Choosing a Humidity Transmitter
- Diurnal Load Reduction Through Phase-Change Building Components. Kissock, Kelly; Limas, Sutrisna // ASHRAE Transactions;2006, Vol. 112 Issue 1, p509
Phase-change material (PCM) can be added to building envelope components, such as walls or roofs, to reduce peak diurnal cooling and heating loads transmitted through the envelope. This paper describes a simulation study to quantify the effectiveness of PCMs at reducing thermal loads through...
- Phase-Change Material Modeling within Whole Building Dynamic Simulation. Heim, Dariusz // ASHRAE Transactions;2006, Vol. 112 Issue 1, p518
A storage system encapsulated with phase-change materials (PCMs) in which energy is absorbed in the hot period and released in the cold period is discussed in this paper. The thermal behavior of phase-change storage composites has been studied using numerical techniques. Two low-temperature...
- Preventive care: controls retrofit gives a healthy present to hospital. // Engineered Systems;Jan2010, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p18
The article offers information on the initiative of St. Vincent Health System located in Little Rock, Arkansas to improvise its heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) equipment and building automation controls. The firm has adopted the retrofit master plan by Middleton Inc. to upgrade...
- HVAC. Carley, Larry // Counterman;Oct2015, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p76
The article offers information on various aspects related to heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) material including major compnents, functions, and installation.
- Portable vs. Permanent During Construction. Checket-Hanks, B. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/8/2005, Vol. 225 Issue 15, p16
Discusses the usability of heating and ventilation equipment on building industry in the U.S. Restriction involving the use of temporary heating-cooling systems; Effort of the trade associations to issue guidelines and bulletins warning against the use of permanent system during construction;...
- Challenging Jobs Often Call for Ductless Systems. Siegel, James J. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;06/18/2001, Vol. 213 Issue 7, p10
Focuses on the benefits from the use of ductless split systems. Installation of ductless split systems; Installation of ductless splits at Southern California A/C.
- The Buzz for August 11, 2010. // ACCA Insider;8/11/2010, Issue 369, p4
The article offers information on various developments related to the heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment (HVAC) industry which include declining sizes of new homes, new HVAC equipment and new green energy sources used by HVAC contractors.
- Improving HVAC efficiency through performance louvres. Hunter, Simon // Heating & Ventilating Review;Oct2013, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p24
The article discusses how performance louvre systems can improve the efficiency of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems. Storm-resistant or performance louvres, which usually provide excellent wind-driven protection, are used when high levels of ventilation and optimum protection...
- Cooling Airflow Design Calculations for UFAD. Bauman, Fred; Webster, Tom; Benedek, Corinne // ASHRAE Journal;Oct2007, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p36
The author reports that methods for airside design sizing in regards to underfloor air distribution (UFAD) has remained an unanswered question. According to the article, the challenges regarding UFAD are related to the environment which has been created by other heating systems. The article...