- Medicare revises discount plan as retail stores fight mail order. Liebman, Milton // Medical Marketing & Media;Oct2002, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p22
Reports on the revision of the discount plans for the elderly by Medicare. Total amount spent by the aged on prescription drugs; Opposition of the National Association of Chain Drug Stores on the program; Impact of the program on small stores.
- Federal Rx card gains some ground. // Drug Store News;8/18/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the proposed federal drug discount in the U.S. Implementation of Medicare reform; Provision of relief to cash-strapped in leiu of comprehensive drug coverage; Imposition of relief on prescription bills.
- Something different. // Chain Drug Review;4/18/2016, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p196
The article offers information on the offerings of chain drug Discount Drug Mart Inc. which include video rentals, cold cuts, and delis department.
- Understaffed and overwhelmed. Stanley, David // Drug Topics;Feb2010, Vol. 154 Issue 2, p48
In this article the author discusses the services offered by pharmacists in the U.S. He points out that pharmacists do not offer counseling to customers due to lack of staff. Instead, he mentions that pharmacists usually do "counseling triage" wherein customers are given advice to ensure that...
- The Pharmacist Will See You Now. Quinn, William T. // njbiz;11/1/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p6
Reports on the reestablishment of the pharmacist's role as an advisor for customers. Conflict between community and chain pharmacies and prescription benefit managers; Role of Medicare in the issue; Background on medication therapy management services.
- 100+ Companies Plan Rx Cards. // Pharmaceutical Executive;Mar2004, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p28
Reports on the application of more than 100 companies to offer Medicare-approved prescription drug discount cards in the U.S. Way to help seniors pay for prescription drugs; Existence of discount cards in most pharmaceutical firms; Prices of comparative drugs.
- Looking for a way out of Bush's Rx card mess. Tosh, Mark // Drug Store News;9/10/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p14
Comments on the commitment of the United States government to its plan for a prescription drug discount card for senior Medicare patients despite opposition from the pharmaceutical industry. Details of the statement made by Jon Glaudemans, advisor of President George W. Bush on the program;...
- New drug cards: How to choose. // Consumer Reports on Health;Aug2004, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p10
Provides tips and facts about Medicare discount-drug cards. Information on how to be eligible on discount-drug cards; Contact information; Likely result if a person do not have drug coverage. INSETS: Lower income, bigger savings;Who should consider the card?.
- DDS introduces medication compliance program. // Australian Journal of Pharmacy;Mar2014, Vol. 95 Issue 1126, p8
The article reports that Australian pharmacy Discount Drug Stores is implementing a free medication management program to help customers achieve compliance.