MBIA Adds Ex Fed Member to Board
- Recruiting Volunteers and Imposing Term Limits. // Point for Credit Union Research & Advice;6/1/2009, p8
The article offers perspectives from credit union (CU) executives on recruiting volunteers for the board of CU directors and imposing term limits on their length of services. Several requirements for individuals who are considered for the board are cited such as diverse backgrounds, including...
- Finders, keepers: The importance of strategic board recruitment. POLLACK, SHARON; STEWART, JOANNE // Westchester County Business Journal;10/11/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 41, p17
The article focuses on the importance of strategic board recruitment. It is stated that the process requires input and assistance of the entire corporate board as well as executive staff. Suggestions are offered to articulate the requirement of a board before beginning the search for...
- Top 10 reasons for not selecting someone as board chair. EICH, RITCH K. // Directors & Boards;2013 3rd Quarter, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p62
The author discusses top 10 reasons why an organization should not select a person ad board chair based on his experiences with a number of board chairs who should never have been selected for the position. He says that a person who is a consummate controlling manager, political in nature, and...
- HR leaders 'increasingly ready' for public company boards. Foulkes, Fred // Directors & Boards;2015 First Quarter, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p52
The article offers the author's insights on the potential of human resource (HR) leaders to take the responsibility of corporate board of directors. Topics discussed include the credibility of HR personnel for the position, the relevant key characteristics for board members such as knowledge,...
- Dunton Named MBIA Chief Operating Officer. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;05/18/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30894, p7
Cites the appointment of Gary Dunton as chief operating officer of MBIA Inc. Dunton's contributions to the growth of the securities company.
- NACD Exclusive BRC on Diversity. // NACD Directorship;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p11
The article offers an overview of the report "The Diverse Board: Moving From Interest to Action," by the Blue Ribbon Commission of the National Association of Corporate Directors.
- Circuit City Picks Schoonover As Its New Chairman. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;7/3/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p4
The article reports on the election of Phil Schoonover as chairman of the board at Circuit City Stores. Schoonover joined the company as executive vice president and merchandising officer in 2004. In February 2005, he became corporate president and was elected to the board in December 2005. He...
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS. Chen, Tanya; Kentouris, Chris; Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;02/26/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p24
Reports several executive appointments in the securities industry. Selection of Mario Spongano as chief executive of EuroMTS; Recruitment of David A. Walsh as board of director of MoneyLine; Responsibilities of Jim McCarthy, sales director of Rolfe & Nolan.
- PEOPLE. // San Diego Business Journal;5/28/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p45
Reports career developments of executives in San Diego, California as of May 2001. Selection of Janetta Tarter as project coordinator of Wermers Multi-Family Corp.; Election of Harold W. Ball to the board of directors for the Metropolitan District of Southern California; Promotion of Cathleen...