Chicago Schools Release New $5.05B Budget for Fiscal 2005
- SYMPOSIUM INTRODUCTION. Kelly, Janet M. // Journal of Public Budgeting, Accounting & Financial Management;Summer2003, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p203
Introduces a series of articles which deals with public budgeting in the U.S.
- LONG-RUN AND SHORT-RUN BUDGETING: EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE FOR CANADA, UK, AND USA. Reddick, Christopher G.; Hassan, Seid Y. // Journal of Public Budgeting, Accounting & Financial Management;Fall2003, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p354
This paper tests public budgeting as a long-run and short-run process; political decision makers strive to head toward budgetary balance over the long run but are constrained in the short run and follow incremental decision-making. First, the budget equilibrium theory is stated and is used to...
- Just getting started. Zwilling, James // Inside Tucson Business;4/26/2004, Vol. 13 Issue 43, p1
Focuses on the proposed budget for the city of Tucson, Arizona. Objectives under the budget; Criticisms made against the proposed budget by Tucson City Council members; Measures taken for proper budget management.
- Shortfalls in Michigan. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/24/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32553, p1
The article reports on the issue regarding Michigan's $819.3 million budget shortfall for 2007. According to the state's officials, the filling of the budget shortage will play a key role in the management of the upcoming 2008 budget. Furthermore, officials are examining plans by Governor...
- Health Hit in Proposed Budget. Mitka, Mike // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;3/9/2005, Vol. 293 Issue 10, p1181
Reports on the proposed federal budget presented by United States President George W. Bush. Description of which departments in the U.S. government will receive funding; Increase of money to the Department of Health and Human Services; Assertion that small increases in the budget for the...
- Our Fiscal Management Rates a B-. Reed, Ingrid // njbiz;4/11/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p16
Discusses the grades given to New Jersey's fiscal management practices by "Governing" magazine based on the Government Performance Project (GPP). Fiscal management tasks where New Jersey performed well according to GPP; Way for New Jersey to correct its budget imbalance; Outlook on the...
- N.Y. Budget Gap on Track to Hit $7 Billion in 2007, Report Warns. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31970, p3
Reports on the expected growth of the budget gaps in New York in fiscal 2006. Effect of widening structural budget deficits on the quality of the state's credit in the municipal market; Statement of analyst Colleen Woodell regarding the enacted budget report; Rate given to the general obligation...
- Cranston, R.I., Foresees $9 Million Budget Surplus. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/7/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31985, p6
Reports that Cranston, Rhode Island has projected a multi-million dollar budget surplus for fiscal 2004. Objective of the budget surplus; Statement of Karl Jacob, Standard & Poor's analyst on the financial position of Cranston; Award received for the city's management improvements.
- Budget Process: Considerations for Updating the Budget Enforcement Act: GAO-01-991T. Irving, Susan J. // GAO Reports;7/19/2001, p1
This testimony discusses the budget process established by the Budget Enforcement Act, which will expire in fiscal year 2002. Because the goal of achieving zero deficits has been achieved, the focus of the budget process has shifted to to the allocation of surpluses among debt reduction,...