IRS, Treasury Seem Open to Changes on Solid Waste
- Numerical Simulation of the Mass Flow of Leachate in a Municipal Waste Fill (Part 1) -- Closed Recycling Flow Systems. Oni, Olayiwola Ademola Gbolahan // Journal of Applied Sciences Research;Jun2010, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p742
This paper examines the use of numerical modelling in simulating the mass flux of leachate solute in an emplaced municipal waste subjected to a closed recycling flow. The simulation model comprises of a deterministic hydro-physical model, which effectively utilises the principle of conservation...
- State pooh-poohs Ward Valley ban. Fikes, Bradley J. // San Diego Business Journal;11/27/95, Vol. 16 Issue 48, p16
Reports that the California-based San Bernardino County Board of Supervisors has passed an emergency ordinance banning the proposed Ward Valley low-level radioactive waste dump. Prohibition of placement of radioactive waste dump above significant water resource; Dispute over low-level...
- Moody's Lowers Florida Debt Linked to Covanta. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31405, p36
Reports the downgrading of resource recovery bonds in the U.S. Purpose of the bond selling on garbage-burning power plant; Agreement of Moody's Investors Service and Covanta Inc. on recovery bond; Details on the solid waste landfill revenue bonds.
- GOVERNMENT. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;6/17/2011, p6
The article reports on the announcement made by Fresno Cty councilmember Clint Olivier to support the proposal made by Mayor Ashley Swearengin to privatize the area's trash service.
- Unlevel field. // Waste News;12/07/98, Vol. 4 Issue 30, p8
Editorial. Comments on the permanent regulations adopted by the Washington D.C. City Council governing waste transfer stations.
- IRS ruling may hurt recycling. Wallack, William C. // Waste News;04/19/99, Vol. 4 Issue 49, p4
Focuses on the impact on recycling programs in the United States by a ruling from the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that covers tax-exempt securities used to finance recycling facilities. Value of the affected bonds; Ruling on classifying recycled materials as waste to qualify for...
- Coalition Asks Treasury for Broader Solid-Waste Definitions. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;3/16/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32340, p5
The article reports on the need for the United States Treasury Department's definition of solid-waste materials and disposal processes in regulating the types of facilities that can be financed with tax-exempt bonds. The recommendations were made by the Tax-Exempt Bonds Recycling Coalition in...
- South Dakota Approves $45 Million In Solid Wastes Grants and Loans. // Solid Waste Report;7/19/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 13, p3
The article reports on the South Dakota Board of Water and Natural Resources' approval of grants and loans for landfill, drinking water, wastewater, storm water, watershed improvement, and recycling projects. The agency which administers the program is the South Dakota Department of Environment...
- Mojave dump at risk from Boxer's rebellion. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;4/4/94, Vol. 232 Issue 14, p24
Reports on setbacks to the Mojave dump site by Senator Barbara Boxer's accusation of the state Department of Health Services for withholding documents and understating the quantity of nuclear reactor waste. Reaction of project backers; Dispute sites; Ward Valley as a critical habitat for the...