Miami Arena Auction Gets Higher Bid; Winner Hopes to Keep Venue Open
- Sacramento County Agrees to Put Arena Tax Hike on Ballot. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;7/24/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32429, p40
The article reports on agreement of Sacramento County officials, the National Basketball Association's Sacramento Kings team and the Women's National Basketball Association's Monarch to ask voters for a 0.25 percent sales tax increase that could fund a new arena costing between 472 million...
- Auction briefs. // Estates Gazette;6/7/2003, Issue 323, p111
Presents auction news as of June 7, 2003. Sales achieved by Winkworth; Highlight of Roman's auction in Bracknell.
- Miami Agency Puts Arena on the Auction Block. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31918, p4
Reports on the auction of Miami Arena by Miami Sport and Exhibition Authority. Area of the arena; Worth of the property; Purpose of the proceeds; Bidders.
- Applying Evolutionary Search to a Parametric Family of Auction Mechanisms. Byde, Andrew // Australian Journal of Management (University of New South Wales);Jun2006, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p1
In this paper we describe an evolution-based method for evaluating auction mechanisms, and apply it to a space of mechanisms including the standard first- and second-price sealed bid auctions. We replicate results known already in the Auction Theory literature regarding the suitability of...
- London Auctions Reassure. Dorfman, John // Art & Antiques;Apr2008, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p38
The article focuses on the artwork sales of auction houses in London, England. During the early week of February 2008, Christie's auction house posted US$440M in artwork sales, while Sotheby's managed US$231M. Christie's managed to sell the 1938 Picasso "Femme au Chapeau" for US$11.2M, exceeding...
- THE Pride of Poland Sale. Reeves, Caroline // Arabian Horse World;Dec2009, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p40
The article discusses the auction sale of horses in Poland. It mentions that many buyers and successful bidders from fourteen countries have gathered to attend the auction. It states that the auction is not just about the horses but it is about the immense devotion to preserve the records,...
- Are Auctions More Efficient Than Fixed Price Schemes When Bidders Learn? Hailu, Atakelty; Schilizzi, Steven // Australian Journal of Management (University of New South Wales);Dec2004, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p147
Auctions are increasingly being considered as a mechanism for allocating conservation contracts to private landowners. This interest is based on the widely held belief that competitive bidding helps minimize information rents. This study constructs an agent-based model to evaluate the long-term...
- Auctions. // Automotive News;12/27/2004, Vol. 79 Issue 6127, p29
The article presents information about several car auctions in the U.S. in January 2005. Some of the car auctions taking place on January 4, 2005 are Auto Auction of Orlando, Ocoee, Florida; Detroit Auto Auction, Carleton, Michigan; and Columbus Fait Autoi Auction, Obetz, Ohio. The car auctions...
- Strettons ignores intrusion to bring in more than Â£16m. // Estates Gazette;6/7/2003, Issue 323, p111
Provides information on Strettons' auction in London, England. Value of bids at the auction; Statement from auction director Graham Slyper.