Miami Arena Auction Gets Higher Bid; Winner Hopes to Keep Venue Open
- Sacramento County Agrees to Put Arena Tax Hike on Ballot. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;7/24/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32429, p40
The article reports on agreement of Sacramento County officials, the National Basketball Association's Sacramento Kings team and the Women's National Basketball Association's Monarch to ask voters for a 0.25 percent sales tax increase that could fund a new arena costing between 472 million...
- Auction briefs. // Estates Gazette;6/7/2003, Issue 323, p111
Presents auction news as of June 7, 2003. Sales achieved by Winkworth; Highlight of Roman's auction in Bracknell.
- Miami Agency Puts Arena on the Auction Block. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31918, p4
Reports on the auction of Miami Arena by Miami Sport and Exhibition Authority. Area of the arena; Worth of the property; Purpose of the proceeds; Bidders.
- No Pain, No Gain. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;08/23/99, Vol. 243 Issue 8, p88
Editorial. Comments on the design and construction of arenas in Denver, Colorado, Miami, Florida and Atlanta, Georgia. Features of the arena.
- New arena should help city to draw more events. McNulty // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/18/99, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p4
Reports on the plans of the New Orleans Arena to attract events to New Orleans, Louisiana. Events that will be hosted before the end of 1999; Open house of the arena.
- Arena banks on a full dance card. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/18/99, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p24
Editorial. Focuses on the opening of the New Orleans Arena in New Orleans, Louisiana. Expected events that will be attracted by the arena; Cost of building the arena.
- New arena tops the charts in concert promotion. Clanton, Brett // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);03/20/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p1
Focuses on the opening of the New Orleans Arena in Louisiana. Seating capacity of the arena; Estimated number of concerts that will be hosted by the arena; Popular artists and performers who plans to hold concert at the arena; Arena management's objective of filling the gap between massive and...
- Sports events dominate in arena's first year. McNulty, Ian // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/13/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 21, p1
Reports the success of the New Orleans Arena in its first year of operations in Louisiana. Total attendance; Gross revenue; Reason for the few booked total events in the arena; Commendation for the efforts of Spectator Management Group in making the arena profitable; Financiers of the facility.
- Game on for arena, but bets are off. Breyerova, Petra // Prague Business Journal;2/17/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the construction of the ice hockey arena in Prague, Czech Republic by the betting company, Sazka Co. in time for the World Ice Hockey Championships in April 2004. Refusal of the government to offer guarantees on a loan for the construction project; Cost of the project; Details about...