Moody's Drops San Diego GOs to Aa3 From Aa1, Citing Fiscal Management
- RATINGS WATCH. // Asset Securitization Report;1/28/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p28
Presents a chart depicting the ratings of the securities of several companies in the U.S. Performance of Kmart Funding Corp.; Rate given to Bear Stearns Mortgage Securities; Stability of the rating of Merrill Lynch Mortgage Investors.
- Chicago Fed Nat'l Activity Index Up to Negative 0.07. Siegel, Gary E. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/30/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 16, p10
The article reports on the negative 0.07 improvement of the Chicago federal national activity index for March 2010 in Illinois.
- Kent to vote on key issue. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/21/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p3
The article reports that the commissioners of Kent County in Michigan are set to vote the week of March 21, 2011 on the recommendation of the county's finance committee to set the level of the fund balance or reserve account to 40 percent of the general fund's expenditures and transfers, a...
- The Effect of Financial Interpretation No. 46 on Electric Utility Companies. POURJALALI, HAMID; WILDE, LAUREN T. F.; CLARKE, ROBERT F. // Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance;Spring2009, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p263
The objective of this research was to define and empirically test the effect of Financial Interpretation No. 46 (FIN 46) on electric utility companies. FIN 46 requires that Variable Interest Entities be reviewed and their financial information be consolidated in their primary beneficiary...
- SSCC Placed on CreditWatch Negative. // Official Board Markets;8/20/2005, Vol. 81 Issue 34, p4
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services placed its ratings, including its "B+" long-term corporate credit rating, on Smurfit-Stone Container Corp (SSCC). SSCC had total debt, including off-balance-sheet lease and accounts receivable financing, of $5.3 billion at June 30. This...
- VIRGINIA: Fauquier GOs Get a Boost. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;11/5/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33212, p9
The article reports on the ratings upgrade of Fauquier County's general obligation (GO) bonds as rated by Standard & Poor's Corp. in Virginia. Standard & Poor's upgraded the county's AA-minus rating to AA credited to its strong financial position due to strong reserves and fiscal stability....
- Boston to Sell $200 Million in GOs and Bans. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p4
Focuses on the proposed sale of multi-million dollar bonds and bond anticipation notes by Boston, Massachusetts. Electronic bidding system on which the bonds and notes are being priced; Components that make up the deal; Bond ratings by various rating agencies.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;9/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31727, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of September 2003. Marketing of general obligation bonds; Improvement of the bond rating of Catholic Healthcare West; Decline of the bond rating of the Massachusetts Health and Educational Facilities Authority.
- Endangered Issues. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31727, p31
Reports on the declining rating on zoo bonds issued by Palm Beach County by Fitch Ratings in Florida.