Missouri Taps FA, Bond Counsel for Possible $450M Unemployment Deal
- Analysts: ECI may help postpone Fed move. Patterson, Dean // Bond Buyer;07/30/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30198, p2
Focuses on the implications of the second-quarter 1997 employment cost index (ECI) for the performance of bonds in the United States. Good news for the inflation picture; Possibility that a future rate hike will be postponed; Decline in unemployment without an acceleration of wage pressures.
- No Easy Fix for Unemployment Insurance Problem. Kelley, Dashle // State Journal (WV);1/28/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p29
In this article, the author talks about how to fix the financial difficulties of the Unemployment Compensation Trust Fund (UCTF) in West Virginia in 2011. He emphasizes that the fund's liabilities could be paid if the state will borrow money from the federal government. He also suggests that an...
- Competitive Advantage. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/8/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31776, p1
Reports on the opening of a competitive selection process for financial advisory, underwriting and legal firms interested in working on a proposed unemployment insurance trust fund. Authorization of revenue bonds; Availability of the request-for-proposals documents; Establishment of a list...
- Texas' Katy ISD Sending $261.5M Bond Question to Voters. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/22/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32324, p36
The article reports on the approval of a plan by trustees for the Katy Independent School District near Houston, Texas to send a general obligation bond question to voters on May 13, 2006. If approved, the bonds would finance the construction of three elementary schools, two junior high schools...
- Take Two: Puerto Rico Plots A 2d Tobacco Sale at $1.1B. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/30/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31481, p1
Reports the sale of tobacco bonds through the Children's Trust Fund in Puerto Rico. Amount of the bonds; Statement regarding the bond issuance by president Hector Mendez; Proceeds of the sale.
- OKLAHOMA: School Mulls Bond Revote. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/18/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33451, p9
The article reports on the rejection to the approval for the general obligation bond package, made by the trustees of Oklahoma County Independent School District No. 52 in Oklahoma.
- Recent Tables. // Bond Buyer;4/10/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33694, p16
The article presents a list of weekly, monthly, quarterly tables related to bond market including bond elections, bond sales, and trustee banks.
- TEXAS: Amarillo ISD Talks Bonds. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/12/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33875, p7
The article informs that trustees of Independent School District of Amarillo, Texas will spend 13,000 dollars on communication plan for explaining the district's 99.5 million dollars bond referendum.
- N.J. Plans Up to $600M For Transport. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;04/03/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31110, p1
Reports on the plan of New Jersey to issue 400 million dollars in refunding state contract bonds and up to 200 million dollars of new money for its Transportation Trust Fund. Structure of the bonds; Proposals for bankers.