D.C. Agency's $1.8B Capital Plan Includes Debt for Lead Pipes
- Split Sale. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/8/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31714, p31
Reports on the plan of New York City officials to split the deal of selling $750 million in general obligation bonds to finance an ongoing capital spending program. Amount finalized for tax-exempted and taxable bonds to be sold; Schedule for selling the first portion of the sale; Lead managers...
- Alabama Agency, Pennsylvania Contribute $1.8B to $10B Slate. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbel, Dakin // Bond Buyer;12/3/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32765, p6
The article reports on the competitive offerings from Alabama and Pennsylvania in December 2007. The Alabama Public School and College Authority will sell $1.1 billion of capital improvement bonds. Pennsylvania will competitively sell $706 million of new-money and refunding general obligation...
- Austin Plans Slightly Bigger Issue To Cover a Laundry List of Needs. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31210, p3
Reports on Austin, Texas' plans to issue bonds on August 30, 2001, to fund capital projects. Features of the bond deal; Examples of projects to be funded using proceeds from the deal.
- Birmingham GOs. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31363, p29
Reports on the issuance of general obligation bonds for capital improvement projects in Birmingham, Alabama. List of projects recommended by the City Council; Release of Go bond referendum; Value of bonds issued.
- Illinois considers creative bonding deals. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;04/21/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30624, p28
Announces that Illinois is considering various funding options to help pay for capital improvements proposed by Governor George Ryan's infrastructure task force. Issuance of grant anticipation notes for various transportation projects; Possible use of funds from the national tobacco settlement.
- Dealing with debt. Pringle, Curt // Orange County Business Journal;03/09/98, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p46
Opinion. Presents the author's view about bonds and the prioritization of capital investment. Costs of borrowing money to pay for a capital project; Troubling about the current bond debt.
- Tolleson, Ariz., Voters Approve Bond Questions, Unofficial Results Show. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;05/17/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31141, p31
Reports the voter approval on capital improvement bond questions in Tolleson, Arizona. Continuation of the counting for absentee ballots; Proposition to authorize bonds for library and public building; Outcomes of voters approval on bond questions.
- Oklahoma lawmakers may revive capital improvement bond issue. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;05/01/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30384, p48
Reports on the expectation of lawmakers in Oklahoma to allocate $300 million of additional funds for capital improvements in fiscal 1999. Total amount of the state's surplus revenues; Usage of the funding to revive a capital improvements bond issue first proposed in 1997.
- BGR criticizes progress on eve of bond vote. Stuart, Stephen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/23/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p4
Focuses on the mixed outcome of a 1995 bond issue for capital improvements in New Orleans, Louisiana according to a report from the Bureau of Governmental Research. Areas of weaknesses identified in the issue.