Uh-oh, ate too much?
- Doctors choose antacids over blockers. // USA Today Magazine;Oct97, Vol. 126 Issue 2629, p16
Reports the results of a survey by Roper-Starch Worldwide that find that most experienced gastroenterologists personally would take an antacid in the middle of the night to fight the effects of heartburn. The preference of an antacid over H2-blockers; Brand names; The reason for the choice.
- Toward Optimal Health: The Experts Discuss Gastrointestinal Dysfunction. Meisler, Jodi Godfrey // Journal of Women's Health (15409996);Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p11
The article presents the views of gastrointestinal experts G. Richard Locke and Beth Schorr-Lesnick on gastrointestinal dysfunction. The main challenge for clinicians is to identify severe gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) in patients. Lock says that esophageal adenocarcinoma has gone from...
- 12 REASONS WHY YOU'RE NOT LOSING WEIGHT. Keens, Leta // Good Medicine (Australian Consolidated Press);Sep2003, p56
Presents causes of weight loss failures. Sorts of eating; Importance of eating breakfast; Consequences of eating too fast; Benefits of walking to metabolism.
- The last word. Lea, Andrew; Harris, Paul; Wagner, Judith Cameron; Houlden, Michelle; Williams, L.; Williams, Sean; Large, Jody; Fell, David // New Scientist;02/05/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 2224, p102
Supplies answers to questions posed by readers of `New Scientist' magazine. The properties of tonic water that give it a bluish appearance; Why modern shoes are provided with thick soles even though the human foot has evolved to walk unaided.
- Dr. Pietro Andres. Chuvala, Bob // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/17/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p37
The article profiles Pietro Andres, a gastroenterologist in Connecticut. Andres graduated from Harvard Medical School in 1993 and completed a degree in gastroenterology at Massachusetts General Hospital in 1999. He was being recruited to establish his own laboratory at the University of...
- More Than 1,000 Attend Anaheim Garden Walk Charity Gala Opening May 15. // Orange County Business Journal;5/26/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 21, pA28
The article reports on the events during the Anaheim GardenWalk Charity Gala in Anaheim, California on May 15, 2008. The gala, which benefits Cystic Fibrosis, featured a silent auction, an appetizer tasting and the USC Marching Band. The dinner was prepared and served by Splichal's Patina Group,...
- The Perfect Day of Weight Loss. // Men's Health (10544836);Jun2009, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p60
The article offer suggestions related to diet and fitness routine to be followed during a day to boost metabolism and reduce body weight. It advises to wake up at 7 a.m. and start the day with exercises such as jumping jacks, high knee skips and pushups. It suggests to eat a high-protein...
- What to Do. Heitman, Bethany // Cosmopolitan;Apr2008, Vol. 244 Issue 4, p239
This article offers suggestions for weekend activities related to exercise, relationships, and relaxation. The article recommends walking for an outdoor activity with a friend that also serves as exercise. Recipes for a dinner with friends and dessert with a romantic partner are also provided....
- ONE DAY IN THE LIFE OF�. // B&T Magazine;2/29/2008, Vol. 58 Issue 2648, p17
The article presents a one-day schedule of Tiffany Nugan, national sales manager for Australia and international marketing manager at Nugan Estate. She begins her day at 6:30 in the morning with a 5-kilometre walk. At 8:30, she gets into work and makes any calls she needs to North America,...