Broome County, N.Y., IDAs $50 Million Deal Has ACA Backing
- S&P Puts ACA on CreditWatch, Warns of Two-Notch Drop to BB. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;01/04/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31050, p1
Reports on the rating of the bonds of ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. Failure of the bond insurer to raise additional capital; Long-term solidarity of the franchise; Additional capital needed for long-term basis.
- Back From Brink, ACA Gets Good News Via Fitch. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;05/18/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31142, p3
Reports on Fitch IBCA Inc.'s affirmation of its A rating with a stable outlook for the bond insurer ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. ACA Financial's receipt of a $60 million capital infusion over a period of 12 months; Amount of the company's statutory capital.
- Fitch, S&P Put ACA On Negative Watch. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p1
Reports that Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor's have placed ACA Financial Guaranty Corp.'s insurer financial strength rating on rating watch negative. Capital concerns and the company's lack of a much-anticipated initial public offering; Decision of Standard & Poor's to put ACA's financial...
- 2008 How The Market Changed. // Bond Buyer;12/31/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33032, p15
The article presents several events that happened in 2008 related to the municipal bond market in the U.S. Fitch Ratings Ltd. has downgraded the ratings of Ambac Assurance Corp. from AAA to AA on January 18. The omnibus bill was signed on July 30 which increases the budget for private-activity...
- Rating Changes. Kreps, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/29/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31047, p32
Presents the changes in the ratings of municipal bond in the United States as of December 29, 2000. Arvada, Colorado's general obligation bonds; Davenport, Iowa's home ownership revenue refunding bonds; Illinois Health Facilities Authority's revenue bonds, Series 1993 and 1997.
- Puerto Rico Sale to Aid Pensions. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;1/8/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 327820, p1
The article reports that the upcoming sale of some $4 billion in taxable municipal debt to shore up Puerto Rico's pension system is aiming to attract the attention of both traditional municipal investors and those outside the typical base who are looking for yield or diversification. Information...
- A NOTE ON THE USEFULNESS OF BOND RATINGS AS MEASURES OF SYSTEMATIC RISK. Schneeweis, Tom; Schweser, Carl // Nebraska Journal of Economics & Business;Winter80, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p63
Examines the usefulness of bond ratings as measures of market or beta risk. Analysis of the relationship between bond ratings and beta for both annual and monthly returns using a set of data for public utility, corporate industrial and municipal bonds; Factor which tends to reduce the chance of...
- Munis Unchanged as N.Y.C., Minnesota Deals Price. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;7/25/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32678, p2
The article reports on the status of the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of July 23, 2007. The municipal market was largely unchanged with two sizeable new issues from New York City and Minnesota accounting for more than $1.5 billion of volume. Among 5% coupon paper in the larger series of...
- Rating Changes. Kreps, Matthew // Bond Buyer;09/29/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30986, p47
Lists the changes in municipal bond ratings in the United States as of September 29, 2000. General obligation bonds issued by Anderson County, South Carolina; Revenue bonds issued by the California State Public Works Board.