Oklahoma Governor Rejects Repeal of Bond Disclosure Rule
- Oklahoma Treasurer: Balance Budget, Then Improve Muni Issuance Process. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/11/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33060, p28
The article reports on the suggestion of Governor Brad Henry regarding the improvement on the process of issuing municipal debt in Oklahoma. Henry suggest to allow the state treasurer to purchase state and local bonds as investments and establishing a state guarantee program that would enhance...
- More Experts Voice Their Concerns Over New FA Rule. Jensen, Randall // Bond Buyer;10/7/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33395, p6
The article discusses the possible impact of the new regulation of financial advisers in the municipal bond market in San Francisco, California.
- Oklahomans Brave Storm to OK Most Bonds. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/13/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32773, p1
The article reports on the winter storm that hit Oklahoma obstructing the state's election day on December 11, 2007. According to the report, the winter storm, termed by Governor Brad Henry as "without question the worst ice storm in state history," began blasting the state on December 9...
- Okla. Gov. Asks for Prisons, Professors. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/7/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32563, p1
The article reports that Oklahoma Governor Brad Henry has been asking the state's legislature to authorize bonds to expand the main state prison, pay for new professors at state universities, and to help attract new companies to the state. The governor's capital bond proposals total more than...
- Controversial Refinancing Method Gains Ground Among Muni Issuers. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;7/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31674, p1
Reports on plans of municipal bond issuers of Washington State to employ refinancing methods to raise their gains. Sector in which issuers are more interested to examine type of financing feature; Shortcomings of refinancing deals; Reason why insurance companies dislike these schemes.
- Finances in focus. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;04/27/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30628, p8
Reports on the municipal bond financing of New Haven, Connecticut and Hope Springs, Arkansas. Benefits for New Haven of a credit rating upgrade from Moody's Investors Service Inc.; Yale University's economic benefits for the city; Uses of Hot Springs' $6.5 million industrial development revenue...
- Richmond, Va., Readies $65.2M of Utility Bonds for This Week. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/28/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31935, p4
Reports that the city of Richmond, Virginia, plans to issue utility bonds. Details of the proposed municipal bond deal; Background on the utility projects to be financed by the bond issue; Rating announced by Standard and Poor's for the bond issue.
- Results of negotiated sales. Tracey, Yvonne; Roggio, Lillian // Bond Buyer;08/13/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30456, p18
Features data on United States municipal bonds sold through negotiated transactions as of August 11, 1998. Includes water revenue bonds from Scottsboro Waterworks Supply Board in Alabama; Hospital revenue bonds from Maricopa County Industrial Development Authority in Arizona; General...
- Results of competitive sales. Herring, Felita; Anderson, August; Cruz, Judy // Bond Buyer;08/13/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30456, p21
Features data on United States municipal bonds sold through competitive transactions as of August 11, 1998. Includes San Luis Obispo union revenue bonds from California Poly State University; Companion drain and branches drain bonds from Michigan; Waterworks revenue bonds from Angola, Indiana.