Legg Mason: Budget Progress Lowered California GO Yields
- Louisville, Ky., Gets S & P Upgrade A Year After Jefferson County Merger. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31788, p5
Reports that Standards & Poor's upgraded Louisville, Kentucky to AA from AA-minus citing its successful merger with Jefferson County. Effect of the upgrade on obligation bonds; Approval of the consolidation plan; Formation of the Louisville Metro Government; Louisville Metro's adoption of the...
- Utah Sets Rare $1B GO Deal. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/15/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33183, p1
The article reports on the issuance of a 1.04 billion U.S. dollar worth of general obligation (GO) bonds in 2009 in Utah. It states that GO bonds from the state attract investor interest due to their triple-A ratings. The issue is taxable, with 730 U.S. million dollars of Build America Bonds and...
- Far West: Plain/Insured GO Yield Curves for April 20, 2005. // Bond Buyer;4/22/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32117, p31
Presents a chart depicting the ratings of general obligation bonds of several states in the U.S.
- IRS Closes Audit of Illinois Facilities Authority. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;8/29/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 92951, p5
The article reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) closes audit of $50 million revenue bonds issued by the Illinois Health Facilities Authority, without a change to the tax-exempt status of the debt. This has been disclosed by the issuer in a material event notice it submitted to...
- Citing Poor Tax Collections, Fitch Places Rhode Island on Negative Watch. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;11/21/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32759, p4
The article reports on the negative tax collection rating of Fitch Ratings Ltd. on the $1.5 billion outstanding general obligation (GO) and state appropriation-backed bonds in Rhode Island. The lease participation certificates, public projects and convention center revenue bonds are rated poor...
- Buoyed by Rating Affirmations, L.A. Readies $377M GO Sale. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/26/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31933, p40
Reports on the plan of Los Angeles to sell multimillion-dollar general obligation (GO) bonds in California. Influence of the credit ratings received by the city on the decision to sell; Financial advisers of the GO sale; Details on the standard practice of Los Angeles for issuing new GO debt.
- S&P Confirms Alabama's AA Rating; Outlook Remains Stable. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/26/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32679, p4
The article reports on the declaration of Standard & Poor's Corp. on the bond rating of Alabama. With the state's economy growing and diversifying, the agency confirmed Alabama's AA general obligation rating affecting $517 million of outstanding debt. In addition, it maintained a stable outlook...
- MBTA Plans $816 Million Sales Tax Deal, Mostly Refunding. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/14/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32070, p4
Reports the plan of the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority to sell senior sales tax bonds in deal that is mostly refunding and expected to generate savings. Senior manager for the fixed-rate deal; Moody's Investors Service's rating of the sales tax bonds.
- Road Bonds Rated. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;11/10/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32506, p37
The article reports that the $190 million worth of state highway improvement revenue bonds owned by the state government of Nevada have received a rating of A3 from Moody's Investors Service Inc. The bonds, which are scheduled to be sold from November 15, 2006, will be used to finance a host of...