Tax Revenue Up for 3rd Straight Quarter
- Report: Most States' Revenue Is Still Below 2001 Levels. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/1/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32166, p4
Reports on the decline in real per capita state tax revenue despite economic recovery and recent tax increases in the U.S. Detection on the failure of revenue levels in 2004 to surpass the revenue levels of 2001; Need for many states to raise their taxes or cut spending further in order to keep...
- Back in the Black. // State News (Council of State Governments);Oct2006, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p33
The article discusses the advantages of the growing national economy to state tax revenues in the U.S. Many states have reported improvements in tax revenues and have actually gained multi-million dollar surpluses. State officials have been diligent in closing a budgetary gap which allowed...
- In a Bad State. Murphy, Cait // Fortune;12/9/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 12, p34
Reports on the problems state economies are having in 2002. Statement that it is the worst fiscal situation since the second World War; Discussion of the increase in spending that occurred in the late 1990s; Mention of numerous factors that contribute to the condition of the U.S. economy;...
- Fact and Comment. Forbes, Steve // Forbes Asia;3/16/2009, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p9
The article presents facts and comments related to the impact of economic crisis on the U.S. economy, particularly taxation. As stated, the crisis is reaching a climax, due to which, either Washington will let the banking system go into cardiac arrest, or it will take measures to bring it back...
- BBVA Watch: WEEKLY ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL REVIEW. // Caribbean Business;4/9/2009, Vol. 37 Issue 14, p13
The article provides information on the weekly economic and financial data of Puerto Rico and the U.S. The February 2009 net revenue of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico General Fund has decreased by 3.9%. U.S. construction spending has decreased to 0.9% due to the contraction in residential...
- Greenspan urges tax clarity. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;10/31/2013, pA02
The former Federal Reserve chair said questions about how much tax revenue is needed to fund the government are what's keeping economic growth so tepid. "Gridlock"over the cost of gov't, driven by entitlement programs, will lead to larger deficits, Alan Greenspan said.
- Market Watch. // Orange County Business Journal;9/6/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 36, p14
Presents graphs and charts depicting market indicators in the U.S. as of September 6, 2004.
- ISM Index at 62.8, Up From 57.0 in Oct. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;12/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31772, p2
Reports on the Institute for Supply Management's business index in the U.S. for October 2003. Signs of economic expansion.
- Good news and bad news. // Dow Theory Forecasts;9/22/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 38, p3
Focuses on the performance of the U.S. economy, based on several economic indicators, as of September 2003. Recommended cash position; Gross domestic product; Profit estimates.