N.Y. Lawmakers Close to Sending Budget to Governor
- Government Structure. // Tuvalu Country Review;2013, p45
The article offers information on structure of government of Tuvalu which includes functionality of executive branch members such as Chief of state, Head of government and also legislative branch members and elections.
- Response to Critics. Sigelman, Lee // Journal of Politics;May81, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p565
Presents a reply to criticisms on the indicators of presidential-congressional relations. Advantage of key votes over presidential support scores as indicators.
- editorial. Kennealy, Peter // European Political Science;Dec2007, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p337
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Martin Westlake and Michelle Everson on the European Parliament and political order and another by Mateo Diaz on a review of Joni Lovenduski's book on woman and politics.
- Parliament: More Revolts, More Reform. Cowley, Philip; Stuart, Mark // Parliamentary Affairs;Apr2003, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p188
The year saw the government face a noticeable increase in dissent from its backbenchers. The session saw 76 separate rebellions by Labour backbenchers, more than in the first session of any previous Labour government and including substantial rebellions over asylum, anti-terrorism legislation,...
- Government Functions. // Micronesia Country Review;2013, p41
The article offers information on the functionality of Micronesia government which includes the working of legislative authority, executive authority and judiciary officials members.
- Parliamentary Guides, Political Identity and the Presentation of Modern Politics, 1832-1846. Coohill, Joseph // Parliamentary History (Edinburgh University Press);Nov2003, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p263
Discusses the importance of parliamentary guides into the historiography of the early 19th century in Great Britain. Role of parliamentary guides in helping construct modern politics; Emergence of party terms, political opinions and political pledges, which are expressions of identities with...
- Legislature needs to get its priorities straight. Cook, Brad // New Hampshire Business Review;3/22/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p15A
Deals with the priorities of the New Hampshire Legislature as of March 2002. Move done by the legislature which show competing principles; Role of the governor in the prioritization of principles of the legislature; Values held by the legislature in the state.
- Cash-Strapped Nassau County, N.Y., Approves a $2.2 Billion 2002 Budget. // Bond Buyer;11/1/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31256, p3
Reports on the approval of Legislature to the proposed operating budget for Nassau County, New York for 2002. Disclosure on the amount of the proposed budget; Viability of the spending plan to overcome the 2001 crisis; Reason behind the opposition of the Republicans to the spending plan.
- Hall of shame award. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/15/95, Vol. 42 Issue 20, p1
Criticizes the New York State Legislature for not approving the state budget by the April 1995 deadline. Consequence of the lawmakers' failure.