Happy Birthday Belleayre
- Pataki announces acquisition of multi-town. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);02/17/97, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p12
Highlights New York State Governor George Pataki's announcement on the state's agreement to purchase the final parcel of the Multi-Town site in Suffolk County for addition to the Oak Brush Plains Edgewood State Preserve. Value of site; Endangered species in the site.
- Mountain bike heaven at 11th annual forest bike ride. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/31/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p15
The article reports on the 11th Annual Stewart State Forest Bike Tour at Stewart Park and Reserve Coalition in 2010 in New York.
- Bear Swamp State Forest. Forness, Dave // New York State Conservationist;Dec2000, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p28
Focuses on the Bear Swamp State Forest in Central New York. Area of the state forest; Activities offered by the forest to outdoor enthusiasts; History of the human impacts on the state forest; Efforts to protect the state forest's health.
- Forest Lands Earn Green Certification In New York State. // International Wildlife;May/Jun2000, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p9
Reports the awarding of the National Wildlife Federation SmartWood certification to New York for its environmentally sound management of its multiple-use public forest lands. Use of the certification to verify the quality of administration of the state forest lands; Requirements to win...
- Let it snow, let it snow... Guilmette, Joanne // New York State Conservationist;Feb96, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the winter activities and special events offered by various state parks and forest preserve areas in New York. Snowtubing at Letchworth State Park; Popularity of snowmobiling at the Allegheny State Park; Hiking and fitness activities at Beaver Island State Park.
- Forest preserve public campgrounds. // New York State Conservationist;Feb96, Vol. 50 Issue 4, pG-16
Features various forest preserve public campgrounds in New York. Natural features of the Adirondack Park; Popularity of trout streams at the Catskill Park.
- Inspired by nature. Reis, Michael // Stone World;May99, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p48
Describes the design of Trapps Gateway for the forest preserve in New York State. Type of stone used; Comments from architect Lee H. Skolnick; Details on its construction.
- Trendspotting New York State forests are "certified Green". // Hudson Valley Business Journal;3/17/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p4
The article reports that New York State-owned forests are designated as "green certified" by internationally recognized standards. The designation, which applies to all state-owned forestlands outside the Adirondack and Catskill parks, means that these forests are managed with the highest...
- More Than A Campsite. Fitzgerald, Dough; Harrison, Ann // New York State Conservationist;Jun2001, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p13
Focuses on camping in the Forest Preserve campgrounds of New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. Details on the nature-based programs of the department; Description of a camping trip offered in the programs.