- STEELHEAD RECORD? // Fly Fisherman;Sep2000, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p26
Reports that a 41-inch steelhead was taken from the Skeena River system in British Columbia.
- Small-stream steelhead pay big dividends. McCoy, John // Field & Stream;Mar2000, Vol. 104 Issue 11, p67
Focuses on the increase in steelhead fishing activities within northwest Pennsylvania during every spring.
- Early-season tactics for small-creek steelhead. Merwin, John // Field & Stream;Mar2000, Vol. 104 Issue 11, p74
Discusses strategies for finding big steelhead in small streams during every winter and early spring.
- A Leap of Faith. // Ontario Out of Doors;Apr2012, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p11
The article introduces articles about steelhead fish, that have been published in this issue of the journal, including "5 Must-Have Steelhead Flies," by Luigi De Rose, and "Fish Metabolism: The Science Behind Temperature Change."
- Great Lakes steelhead. Lange, Robert // New York State Conservationist;Apr98, Vol. 52 Issue 5, Wild in New York p2
Features the steelhead, a migratory strain of rainbow trout native to the Pacific northwest which is emerging as a major attraction for Great Lakes anglers. Steelhead's quality as a gamefish; Life cycle and habitat; Prospects for steelhead.
- SUPERIOR STEEL. Scroppo, Dave // Outdoor Life;May2003, Vol. 210 Issue 4, p73
Offers information on steelhead fishing at Lake Superior Tributaries in the U.S. Reason behind the arrival of steelhead in the lake; Location for steelhead fishing at the lake; Effective technique for steelhead fishing.
- Steelheading the lower Deschutes. Meyer, Deke // Fly Fisherman;Sep2000, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p28
Focuses on steelhead fishing conditions at the Deschutes River in Oregon.
- Ice-cold steel. Kingdom, G. // Outdoor Life;Jan89, Vol. 183 Issue 1, p92
Discusses where to find six virtually unfished steelhead waters in New York State. Bait; Guides; Gear; Timing; Dangers; Licensing information.
- Top eastern steelhead runs. Gibbs, Jerry; Ryan, Will // Outdoor Life;Apr95, Vol. 195 Issue 4, p107
Presents the top steelhead runs in the Eastern regions of the United States. Includes Niagara River in New York; Salmon River in New York; Oswego River in New York.