Winter New Yorkers
- Wildlife Painting Basics (Book Review). Lombardo, Daniel // Library Journal;3/15/2001, Vol. 126 Issue 5, p82
Reviews two books about wildlife painting. 'Wildlife Painting Basics: Deer, Antelope & Other Hooved Animals,' by Cynthie Johnson; 'Wildlife Painting Basics: Waterfowl & Wading Birds,' by Rod Lawrence.
- Only the tough survive. Halfpenny, James // Ranger Rick;Dec93, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p24
Discusses the winter adaptations of some North American mammals in Yellowstone National Park. Mice tunnelling under the snow to conserve warmth; Big feet of snowshoe hare and the lynx enabling both to move through thick snow; Winter food; Warming up near the geysers at the Yellowstone National...
- Winter is on the way... Casavant, Anne; Needham, James // Ranger Rick;Jan98, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p12
Provides information on strategies used by wildlife to deal with cold winter season. Stocking up of food by squirrels; Migration to Mexico by Monarch butterflies; Growing of heavy winter coats by bears, raccoons and possums; Hibernation of woodchuck in burrow.
- The West Woods hosting a winter wildlife weekend December 27. // Farm & Dairy;12/18/2014, Vol. 101 Issue 13, pB14
The article offers information on the Winter Wildlife Weekend to be held at the West Woods on December 27-28, 2014 in Russell, Ohio.
- New ideas for wildlife paintings. Arenz, Peggy // American Artist;Dec1997, Vol. 61 Issue 665, p36
Features the wildlife paintings of Oklahoma artist Jan Martin McGuire. How she views painting; Her advice for those who would like to paint wildlife; Her comment on using Chroma Artists Colours paint.
- Out of Africa. Burlingham, Michael J. // American Artist;Oct1999, Vol. 63 Issue 687, p44
Features the wildlife paintings of John Banovich. Sources of his signature images; Awards he received; Quality that he thinks the most important that an artist should have.
- Painting a Wild Passion. Johnson, Jay J. // American Artist;Dec1999, Vol. 63 Issue 689, p38
Describes the wildlife painting techniques of the Massachusetts acrylic painter and author. Making a sketch; Preparation for the surface; Painting procedure.
- Coming to America. Brenders, Carl // International Wildlife;
Describes the work of Belgian wildlife painter Carl Brenders in North America. Views on the North American wild; Unique features of his paintings; Message of his works.
- TROUT AND 'TOONS. Atkins, Amy // Boise Weekly;5/21/2014, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p26
The article discusses the wildlife and outdoor adventure-themed paintings of the Boise, Idaho's local artist Ed Anderson and also offers information on the 2014 Library Comic Con Drawing Contest to be held in Boise from June 1 to July 31, 2014.