- Winter's late arrival brings out sleds and shovels on east coast. Nifong, Christina // Christian Science Monitor;2/6/95, Vol. 87 Issue 49, p4
Presents report on the arrival of winter and the snow storm in the Midwest with the accumulation of several inches of snow on New York City and some parts of Kentucky and Washington D.C.
- `Let it stop, let it stop, let it stop....' // Christian Science Monitor;1/27/97, Vol. 89 Issue 42, p16
Presents a caption story on the March 12th, 1988 snowstorm in New York City, New York. Hours for which snow fell; Number of inches of snow on the ground.
- Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Blow. Welch, Jack // Louisville Magazine;Jan2003, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p6
Reports on series of winter storms blew over Louisville, Kentucky during the winter of 1978. Snowfall recorded during the month of January 1978; Experience of local historian Tom Owen during the winter storms; Advice given to people by former County Judge Mitch McConnell to clean neighborhood...
- Deadly weather. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);May96, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p8
Reports that snow storms are threatening the lives of Tibetan nomads by devastating their livestock.
- Characteristics of the Southern Hemisphere winter storm... Berbery, Ernesto H.; Vera, Carolina S. // Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences;2/1/96, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p468
Presents an analysis on fluctuations in synoptic scales in the Southern Hemisphere (SH) during the winter. How the research is done.
- Snow stories. // State Government News;Feb96, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p27
Focuses on some of the problems that resulted form the snowstorm that hit the East Coast of the United States during the early part of January 1996. States that declared states of emergency; Death toll; Banning of motor traffic in Pennsylvania.
- Receding flood waters reveal huge damage assessment. Lotterman, Edward // Fedgazette;Apr97, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the damage sustained by North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota after a harsh winter storm hit their territories in late February and in March 1997. High mortality of cattle losses suffered by beef operators in North and South Dakota; Amount of property damage sustained by the three...
- Remembering the storm of the century. Corrigan, Timothy R. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p21
Recounts the author's experiences through a winter storm on March 1993. Warning of a storm on the radio; Preparations by author's family; Coming of the storm; Damages and casualties; Author's reflection on the event. INSET: The three-day blizzard party..
- Now, where was the driveway? // Christian Science Monitor;12/23/96, Vol. 89 Issue 20, p4
Focuses on a homeowner battling a snow storm in Kings Beach, California, which resulted in more than four feet of snow during the first week of the 1996 winter season.