ADA Primer for Specifying Flush Valves
- Industrial Design Excellence. Gettelman, Alan // Buildings;Jun2000, Vol. 94 Issue 6, p22
Presents tips for designing a public or commercial washroom. Factors that are important in washroom operation; Interior designs for washroom; Suggested materials to be used.
- Hygiene on your holiday. // Prevention India;Jul2010, p13
The article offers tips on how to maintain hygiene during travel. As suggested, it is best to sit in the opposite direction to the airflow during air travel to prevent getting infected with the airborne diseases from the fellow passengers. It suggests that one should prefer an Indian toilet over...
- Facility is 'potty parity' champ. // Contractor Magazine;Aug2001, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p5
Focuses on the new toilet facility at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas as of August 2001. Number of toilets available for men and women; Comparison on the toilet facility of the American Airlines Center and other regional sports venues in the U.S.; Background of the Texas Potty...
- Attendant not included. Morris, Michele // Backpacker;Apr98, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p18
Focuses on the issue concerning the cost of the construction of the two-hole privy at the Raymondskill Falls trailhead in Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, Pennsylvania. Defense of Part Service officials on the imported and expensive materials used for the construction of the toilet...
- emergency showers & eyewashes. Hayes, Casey // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;May2007, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p70
The article discusses the accessible emergency showers and eyewashes installation anywhere with public accommodations in the U.S. The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and American National Standards Institute (ANSI) provides a design configuration, access guidelines as well as operations...
- Window Seat. // Travel Daily;9/5/2012, p3
The article offers information on the 2012 America's Best Restroom Awards, with the "five-stall unisex restroom with chic style" at the Liberty Market in Arizona, and finalists the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel in Chicago, Illinois, and the Vanity Nightclub in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Hometown PROUD. DAGEFORDE, BETTY // PRO: Portable Restroom Operator;Oct2014, p14
The article discusses the installation of the portable restroom for the Wellflee OysterFest in Wellfleet, Massachusetts by M.A. Frazier Enterprises Inc. An overview about the history of the company and the team, led by Matt Frazier, is provided. Also offered are details about the job of M.A....
- Brand on a Roll. Lippert, Barbara // Adweek;12/4/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 45, p22
The article focuses on an advertising campaign by Procter and Gamble for their toilet paper brand Charmin in Times Square in New York City. The campaign includes people in toilet costumes urging passersby to "go upstairs." Upstairs they find a "bathroom show," in the form of displays and public...
- WOULD YOU PUT YOUR AD HERE? Tucker, Reed // Fortune;3/17/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 5, p42
Discusses the use of advertising in bathroom stalls. Flush Media which is an all bathroom advertisement agency; Frequency of bathroom advertising which has grown; Companies that advertise in bathrooms.