Manufacturer Centralizes Controls, Saves Energy With HVAC Automation
- New Homes Benefit From Accessories. Turpin, Joanna R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/25/2008, Vol. 234 Issue 17, Special section p3
The article focuses on the significance of indoor air quality (IAQ) and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) accessories in house construction. It notes that zoning gives homeowners the ability to match the delivery of conditioned air to home pattern and increase HVAC control....
- They're not just round and one-dimensional anymore. Hall, John R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;02/28/2000, Vol. 209 Issue 9, p30
Features thermostats for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration which were on display at the International Air Conditioning, Heating, Refrigeration Expo 2000. Ease of use of the Cam-Stat thermostats from A-1 Components; Personalized Intelligent Control System from PSG...
- ASHRAE to Add New Codes Position. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Nov2004, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p18
Reports that the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) has added new staff position to handle codes work in the U.S. Reference of ten ASHRAE standards in national and international codes; Statement of ASHRAE's director of technology, Bruce Hunn, on...
- Letters From Our Readers. Floyd, Jack; Bodwell, Ken // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/1/2013, Vol. 248 Issue 13, p28
Two letters to the editor are presented, namely, a letter in which the sender tackles the subject of high-performance buildings in the U.S., and the other letter addresses the issue of incentives in the heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) industry, particularly in the state of Florida.
- Simulation DRIVEN HVAC Design. Stamp, Barry J.; Maxson, Steve T. // Engineered Systems;Jan2009, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p65
The article offers information related to computation fluid dynamics (CFD) modeling in the U.S. It states that the key component of CDF has been its ability to significantly reduce the time and expense involved in the design, optimization, and troubleshooting of heating & ventilation industry...
- HVAC DESIGNER TIPS DESIGN REVIEW AND EQUIPMENT STARTUP CHECKLIST. McKew, Amanda // Engineered Systems;Oct2005, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p24
Focuses on equipment startup checklist for 24/7 air displacement system. Equipment location; Electrical inspection and installation
- Getting charged up over an air conditioner recharge. McConnell, Michael // Snips;Aug2013, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p5
The article comments on the challenge faced by heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) services provider regarding the increased prices of refrigerant recharge for an older R-22 system.
- Wheel Selection for Heat and Energy Recovery in Simple HVAC Ventilation Design Problems. Asiedu, Yaw; Besant, Robert W.; Simonson, Carey J. // ASHRAE Transactions;2004, Vol. 110 Issue 1, p381
This paper shows how air-to-air heat and energy system design problems can be formulated for a simple HVAC configuration and solved for the least life-cycle cost system while still retaining a small payback period. Mathematical expressions and design tables are presented to facilitate the design...
- Back to Basics. McKew, Howard J. // Engineered Systems;May2006, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p18
The article offers tips on how to install air conditioning units. A hydraulic model analysis of the CHW distribution must be considered under all operating conditions prior to proceeding with the chiller replacement design. Chiller replacements, as well as most infrastructure upgrades, are ideal...